Default George Homan Lennon, b. abt 1824

Married Alecia Maud Russell 19 May 1847 Booterstown, Rathdown, Ireland. Alecia Maud was born abt 1825. They emigrated to US same year they married on the Fidelia to New York.
    They later moved to Lindsay, ON, Canada where he opened a business as a merchant.
    The business was lost in a fire in downtown Lindsay 5 July 1861. The family moved to Rochester, Munroe Cty, New York but moved back to Lindsay by 1881.

They had eight children who seem to have dispersed across Canada and the United States. I have not found any descendants. Their daughter, Alice Maud b. abt 1863 was my ggrandmother. She married William Frederick Colgate 13 Jun 1881 in Toronto, ON, Canada.

Maud's brother, William Lloyd Russell,b. abt 1832, also moved to the Lindsay area. He was married to Caroline Dickson and had one daughter, Laura Maud Russell.

One comment by another researcher was:
    He must have been coming out to see his cousins (i.e. D’Oliers & Halls) as he ended up in that part of Ontario. He started a general store in Lindsay, Ont[ario] - he was there in 1854. Over the years he bought many pieces of land around as did the Halls, the Ordes, Fosberrys.

I cannot substantiate or refute this comment. I have been told that Homan is a name linked to some kind of royalty. Again, I have no idea of the truth to that comment.

Thank you in advance for any light you can shine on this subject.

A fountain of knowledge

hi
    you may have seen this , its a web site with a lot of information on the name human ,

https://www.houseofn
    ames.com/homan-family-crest

good luck

Dean
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 13-10-2016 at 3:00 PM. Reason: URL to commercial site inactivated

Thank you for that link. Now, I wonder. Did people who worked for this family add the name to their own. I have seen this in research for my husband's family that came from the Folsetter area of Orkney. Coming to Canada the last name was Folster.
    Is someone with Homan in his name actually a descendant or just someone who worked the farm? I know that a major famine was on when the newlyweds left the country. He was smart enough to run a business. More questions..

There is this baptism on ancestry although 1823. The writing is atrocious so haven't struggled to read the original image
    George Lennan
    Baptism
    Born 1823
    Baptised Sept 1823 at Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
    Residence - Levd
    Diocese - Armagh
    Father Michls Lennan
    Mother Bitty Smith

Booterstown is approx. 87 k south of Dundalk
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I appreciate your efforts. This website (https://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-...bart&id=I52518) has verbatim quotes from information I gave the owner in confidence. She did not check out the information so now a link exists which people are believing with no supporting evidence. Julia gave it to me with specific instructions not to publish it. A tough lesson learned not to pass on suppositions which people do not take the time to read through and just publish it as if it were their own. Now, others may have stopped looking with that one wrong father in the middle of it.

I have not found any descendants.
    Maud's brother, William Lloyd Russell,b. abt 1832, also moved to the Lindsay area. He was married to Caroline Dickson and had one daughter, Laura Maud Russell.
    Laura Maud Russell
    Born Lindsay, Ontario
    Married 20 May 1903 at Victoria, Ontario
    Spouse Robert James Miller Perkins born Lorne, Huron County
    Father William Lloyd Russell
    mother Caroline Dickson
    1911 Oxford South Ingersoll Ontario
    R J M Perkins 35
    Laura Perkins 32
    Handley Perkins 6
    Russell Perkins 1
    Caroline Russell 68 Mother-in-law, widowed
    Bella Spittal 22 Domestic servant

43 William Street Chatham, Kent, Ontario
    Robert Perkins 45 he, and parents born Ontario
    Laura Perkins 43 born Ontario, father born Ireland, mother born Ontario.
    Handley Perkins 16
    Russell Perkins 11

U.S., Border Crossings from Canada to U.S.
    Handley Perkins Address 43 Chatham Street.
    Birth Date - 9 Jan 1905
    Birth Place - Exeter, Ontario
    Age 30
    Race/Nationality - English
    Arrived 24 Apr 1935
    Port of Arrival - Niagara Falls, New York, USA
    Record has photo? No

UK, Incoming Passenger Lists,
    Handley Perkins
    Birth Date 9 Jan 1905
    Age 53
    Departed Montréal, Québec, Canada
    Arrived 12 Sep 1958 at Southampton, England
    Ship - Ivernia

Handley Perkins married Mary Dell Gray born 25 Dec 1903 Chatham, Ontario died 5 Jan 1985 Toronto Ontario.
    Just found a tree with this family on it on ancestry. They had 3 children
    James Russell McKay Perkins MD 1926 - 3 May 2008
    Gray Perkins 1929 - Jan 1983
    Peter Perkins 1936 - 30 Non 1936
    The wives and some children of James and Gray are on the tree.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs