Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default New to geneology

Hi all,
    My families are the Bells from BoNess and the Myles from Laurieston. My great grandfather was George Burt who died at Beaumont Hammel on July 1,1916. My grandfather on my Mom's side was William Myles and on my Dad's side was Hendry Bell. I have been on Ancestry.ca and followed a few threads to find a majority of my family but need to cement the relationship.
    I have really tried to find out more about George Burt as we have no pictures or story as to why he was fighting with the Newfoundland regiment. From Newfoundland I was told that the man my great grandfather is buried with was not found until 1 year after they were killed, so I wonder if they both were in the same foxhole.
    So my family is Burt and Myles on my Mom's side and Bell and Robertson on my Dad's.
    Thank you for any help.
    JAnet Quesnel -As an aside we immigrated to Canada in 1966.

Welcome the British-Genealogy forums

Be warned genealogy is a very addictive hobby/obsession and you have now joined a forum where many other addicts lurk.

Because this forum is just for introducing yourself can I suggest you start new threads for each of your problem ancestors that you need help with.
    Just pick a suitable forum for each one, tell us all you know about that person such as dates of birth/death, parents, children etc and our friendly, knowledgeable sleuths will get to work.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs