Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It would also be worth you sending for a likely birth certificate for Alice in the Manchester area. I realise there's more than one which could be her but if you give no reference when applying (don't fill the boxes for vol and page number) just stipulate father's name to be Isaac, if there's no match for Alice Smith born Manchester 1854 +/- 1yr with father's name Isaac the GRO will not charge you.
    Alma

Settling in

That's a good idea Alma. I'll do that. I think he was married in 1838. I'll check to make sure. Thank you.It usually only takes about 10 days for certificates to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisbet 35 View Post
    That's a good idea Alma. I'll do that. I think he was married in 1838. I'll check to make sure. Thank you.It usually only takes about 10 days for certificates to arrive.
    Let us know the outcome, Lisbet. Good luck
    Alma

Settling in

Hi Alma I lost my last reply! I eventually received Isaac and Louisa Smiths' marriage certificate. They were married on 23rd April 1838. He was 22 and she 21. His father's name was Thomas Smith, a farmer. I also discovered a baptism record. He was born 8th April 1816 and was baptised on 1st May of that year. I'll follow up on the infant Isaac and Samuel.
    Lisbet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123