Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mortlake, London (where the Boat Race ends)

Quote Originally Posted by arthurk View Post
    Have you seen this thread at Genes Reunited:
    https://www.
    genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1325233

It looks like someone else has been looking into the family - and a change of name to Davies could be worth investigating.

Arthur
    Hi Arthur

Yes, we have seen this and it is a known family member who is also searching fr Patricia!

Quote Originally Posted by thewideeyedowl View Post
    From what has been said, it looks as if research has focused on the UK - in particular England, because that is where Patricia was born. But why have you assumed that she spent her life in England?

Now, perhaps I am just perverse, but when I read the opening post, my first thought was that Mr Shafik had taken his young daughter with him to Canada or wherever. Have you traced Mr Shafik in passenger lists? If so, was he accompanied by a child?

I was initially surprised to get so many hits for Trinidad when I keyed the name into a search engine. But Trinidad is a very cosmopolitan country. Might you possibly find some clues there?

Have you tried Family Search? Canadian genealogical sites? Caribbean history sites? Newspapers? Online family trees (even though they can be very "iffy"), because they might give some clues?

I just think that the search has to be broadened. Must go now - sorry.

Owl
    Thanks for this. I have also been searching Canadian records. By the time Mahmoud Shafik took himself off to Canada he had assumed the name Richard Applejohn. His 'wife' Lucy followed in 1928 accompanied by two children, a girl and a boy. I briefly wondered if perhaps this child (Pamela Applejohn) could possibly be the elusive Patricia... but the child on the passenger list is aged 3 and Patricia would have been 5. Not really sure that a 5-year old could be passed of as 3-year old...?

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    We are also working in the dark...we have Mr Shafik of numerous aliases who naturalised here ( presume UK) ...he had children by 7 different relationships and left the UK in 1925 leaving a wife and 3 children + one born in 1923.

Reading the responses,

1) Who is Mr Shafik in the UK......

a) married q4 1907 West Ham to Annie Lilian A Thomas is this one of the 7 females?

b) 1911 Wales census
    RG14; Piece: 32052; Schedule Number: 362
    Mahmad Shafik 27
    Annie Lilian Augusta Shafik 30
    Violet Augusta Shafik 3 ( baptism suggests father was an Engineer)
    Margaret Jenat Shafik One ( Margaret Zenah)
    An Insurance Inspector
    c) Joseph M SHAFIK born q2 11911 Cardiff v 11a p 340A

2) Mahmoud SHAFIK father, mother's surname DAVIES

Births Mar 1915*SHAFIK *Richard P *Davies *Fylde *8e 1098
    Births Jun 1916**Shafik *Jeanette *Davies *Fylde *8e 943
    Births Jun 1919**Shafik *Nephesha R *Davies *Conway *11b 667

Births Jun 1923***Shafik *Patricia *Davies *Hackney *1b 666
    This totals 7 /15 children and 2/7 females

You state Mr SHAFIK left a wife who is the wife THOMAS / DAVIES?

I presume you have all the certificates together with the bio of each of the 6/7 children

Are you sharing any information with the owners of the trees on Ancestry?
    Yes, all of this is correct. I currently the names of three 'spouses': Annie Lilian Augusta Thomas, Ruth Davies, and Lucy Cooke. I need to get the names of the others from Pyramidical. These three women account for 10 of the children and, again, I need to get the names of the others from Pyramidical. Just getting to grips with these 3/10 has been a challenge!

Yes, I personally use Ancestry & Tribal Pages, but have not yet uploaded this data. Still trying to get it straight in my own head - but my Family Historian software is doing a great job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12