A fountain of knowledge

Default Kings regulations - no medals deserted

Hi

on the medal roll for the KRRC , for William langlois no R35600 , it states :

1743 KRs 7969 /adt .

I know that 1743 is Para 1743 ( medals returned or not claimed ) , and that adt means adjusted , however I can not find what 7969 means ?

can anyone help please .

Dean

A fountain of knowledge

Hi , sorry all , looks like the number could be 1969 , still confused ?

Dean

Hello Dean
    I have just taken a quick look at the Medal Roll Index card and the Medal and Award records for this man and I can't see where it says 1743 KRs 7969 /adt . Am I going mad?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi Dean

No one knows what 7969/adt means, it was a code in those days that the people who wrote the cards knew what it meant, but over time the meaning has been lost. It is probably some reference, but what for is not known. (My own thoughts, but I have always disagreed that adt means adjusted, I have seen lots of examples of MIC where no medal was adjusted, yet others think it does, so who knows!).
    The only people who really know were the clerks who wrote them, and they are all dead.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

HI again

Looking at the medal roll, you are looking at the person above William for the 1743KR, William just has Deserted and no medals in pencil.
    His MIC shows someone accessed the record on 10/5/71.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

A fountain of knowledge

hi
    I did have another thread on him , but it seems to have disappeared ! , Its on the service medals and awards rolls , (anc) , and as someone , sorry forgotten who , pointed out it has 'no medals' in pencil , however above that for another soldier it has the KR numbers , I was just interested in case it had any relevance to my chap , it states on it he was a deserter .

Dean

A fountain of knowledge

Robert , thanks for your help , I found a ebook version of the KR's and read all the parts on desertion etc , but to no avail .

I saw the date on the Mic , above the deserted 18-12-19 it has B530 , I assume this is a form , any idea's what for?

FYI , he died in 1972 , maybe he applied for the medals , I will ask the family .

thanks again

Dean

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by deanC View Post
    hi
    I did have another thread on him , but it seems to have disappeared ! , Its on the service medals and awards rolls , (anc) , and as someone , sorry forgotten who , pointed out it has 'no medals' in pencil , however above that for another soldier it has the KR numbers , I was just interested in case it had any relevance to my chap , it states on it he was a deserter .

Dean
    Hi Dean,

Unfortunately we've had more than just your thread disappear. There was a server problem about a week ago and it means that all threads begun/posts made between about 21/24 August and 20/21 September are currently floating around in the ether. The data isn't lost - just disconnected. The techies are working on the problem but are unable to give a date for completion.

If you've set up email notification of posts in a thread, and if by any chance you still have those emails, then you should be able to see replies to your previous thread in those notifications.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A fountain of knowledge

Hi
    Thanks for letting me know .
    Dean