Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by emeltee View Post
    I haven't looked at your website so if you already have this info I do apologise. FreeReg has the following children born to Henry and Mary Ann

Mary Ann bapt. 14 April 1790 Bath St Michael
    Henry bapt. 30 Jan 1795 Walcot St Swithin
    Charles bapt. 30 May 1800 Bath St James
    Anna Foster bapt. 17 April 1812 Bath St James

Also baptised Bath St James 4 Jan 1792 is Elizabeth daughter of Henry and Miriam. I suspect Miriam should read Mary Ann.

Emeltee
    Having now received the Will of Henry Milsom dated July 1859, I can confirm that in the document he bequeaths legacies to his brother Charles Milsom; his nephew Charles Milsom the younger (music seller); his brother William Milsom (strangely of Quebec Upper Canada); and his three sisters Mary Ann Walker, Elizabeth Gregory and Anna Foster Milsom.

It's been quite fascinating for me looking into proving this is one of 'our Henrys' and I'm delighted to say it is! This Henry Milsom was the elder brother of Charles Milsom the elder and therefore his parents are indeed Henry Milsom and Mary Ann Pope.

I've checked out the cemeteries in Bath and everything ties in beautifully. So, once again, many thanks for your help and referral to FreeReg

Hello Sally. I have just joined. I think we have been in contact before. I have just started to look at the Teast family of Bristol again.I descend from Mary Teast who died in 1704, who became Milsom. Charles Milsom in the transcribed will here mentions Ann Wild his daughter, wife of Samuel Wild, who were together parents of the Reverend Sydenham Wylde of Burrington,Somerset. Our line comes from Sydenham's son Captain Sydenham Teast Wylde's daughter,Eliza Wylde, whose mother was Eliza Dorothea Powney.Eliza Wylde married my father's great grandfather the Reverend James Collet Ebden in 1828. Curiously by coincidence my father has a late 18th century long case clock made by William Milsom of Bristol, but we have no idea how he fitted into the broader Milsom family.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Edward. Sally hasn't been here for a couple of years, but if her her email address is the same as the one she registered with and she set her account to allow notifications, she should have received an email to tell her you've replied to her message.
    In the mean time, have a look around the rest of the forum, tell us about a brick wall or two, perhaps, and let us see if we can help you. It sounds as though you've done a fair bit of research, so there may be others who you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_Ebden View Post
    Hello Sally. I have just joined. I think we have been in contact before. I have just started to look at the Teast family of Bristol again.I descend from Mary Teast who died in 1704, who became Milsom. Charles Milsom in the transcribed will here mentions Ann Wild his daughter, wife of Samuel Wild, who were together parents of the Reverend Sydenham Wylde of Burrington,Somerset. Our line comes from Sydenham's son Captain Sydenham Teast Wylde's daughter,Eliza Wylde, whose mother was Eliza Dorothea Powney.Eliza Wylde married my father's great grandfather the Reverend James Collet Ebden in 1828. Curiously by coincidence my father has a late 18th century long case clock made by William Milsom of Bristol, but we have no idea how he fitted into the broader Milsom family.
    Hello Edward: It's been a long time since I looked again at this website, and last November (2019) I once again picked up my Milsom family tree to continue our long search into the mystery surrounding the marriage of Henry Milsom to Mary Ann Pope.

I hope this note finds you well and that you have managed to move forward with your Teast family research.

Kind regards
    Sally Milsom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123