Loves to help with queries

Question WWW1 POW postcard Germany to home

I have just started researching a POW held in Germany during WW1 and would appreciate help with translation of data taken from a postcard sent home.

The following was stamped on it but was very feint so please excuse any errors on my part.

Date 18/5/18
    4-5N
    Minden G?iestf
    Gefangenenlager, Minden Westphalia (perhaps the name of the camp and area) comments welcome
    Minden I.W. Germany

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post and for any assistance or pointers in order to get me started. I would like to find out some facts about camp size,liberation etc.

A fountain of knowledge

Hi
    a very quick search on Google (Gefangenenlager, Minden Westphalia ) , gave lots of information on POW camps etc , should point you in the right direction .

Dean

A fountain of knowledge

An interesting one!
    In the gazetteer (pope-hennessy) of the camps it doesn't list a Minden in Westphalia but there is a description of one called 'MUNDEN'. — A pleasant, old-fashioned little town (pop. 11,500) on the banks of the Weser. The prison is a factory building, formerly the Union Oil Works. It is built of brick, and is a mile from the town. It has contained as many as 600 officers at a time. New barracks were constructed in 1917: there is also a lazaret here.

A lazaret is a military hospital.

forces-war-records(dot)co(dot)uk/wwi-prisoners-of-war-in-germany is there FWR WWI tutorial for camps and has a few helpful links and lots of information also.