Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    if I've read it correctly, the 1901 census has James + 4 others at 188 Worragee (spelling ?) Street. Probably Worrigee.
    Australia doesn't have census records so (without reading through all this thread again) I think you are referring to the 1913 electoral roll I found? Post #28
    On that electoral roll there are only two Hockleys at Werrigee Street (sorry about mucking up the spelling) James Hambour Hockley and Charlotte Hockley.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

too late to edit post # 68 - should have read

Charlotte Hockly, daughter of Charlotte and James H, died Nowra 1896
    Charlotte's birth registered1895 Nowra.

Birth of an unnamed child registered Milton 1891.This is probably David Davis Hockley who died 1956

Christina
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Australia doesn't have census records so (without reading through all this thread again) I think you are referring to the 1913 electoral roll I found? Post #28
    On that electoral roll there are only two Hockleys at Werrigee Street (sorry about mucking up the spelling) James Hambour Hockley and Charlotte Hockley.
    Christina
    well FMP calls it the "New South Wales 1901 Census" but I'm sure you're right. Nowra, St Vincent county, NSW. Series NRS 685. Film number 1133. I can't decide whether 188 is a house number or something else.

I've been looking at Charlotte's parents. Both born 1843. Her father John Ingold from Essex. Mother Mary Louisa Blackmore from Dawlish, Devon. They are on the UK 1871 census with Charlotte at Clapham, London but I can't find an 1881 census, so I'm guessing they emigrated in the 1870's. Mary Louisa died at Milton 1896. There are several John Ingold deaths at Milton. Indeed lots of Ingolds in Milton.

well FMP calls it the "New South Wales 1901 Census" but I'm sure you're right. Nowra, St Vincent county, NSW. Series NRS 685. Film number 1133. I can't decide whether 188 is a house number or something else.
    You are correct and I am wrong. First I have seen of this. But all it says is Jas Hockley + 4 others without naming them
    William Burroughs

I have decided that the father of the Richard Hockly Collom who died in Hatfield in 1940, also called Richard Hockly Collom, died in Sydney, Australia in 1922 aged "55", though born 1870. He had to die before 1927 when his widow remarried.

Growing old Disgracefully

OMG look how far you have got and how much you have found out.

I've been away for the weekend on the NHS I got rushed in on Saturday afternoon, as my body went into some sort of shock, I could not stop shaking, but I'm back now just catching up with every thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    OMG look how far you have got and how much you have found out.
    yes, we've gone down a few highways and byeways - so I'm very grateful to everyone who has gone on the journey

sorry to hear about your problems - daughter in charge I hope

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678