genie12

Default Jane Nancollis all spellings

I am trying to help a friend.
    Jane Nancollis was born at Charleston,St Austell in 1835 to parents William and Elizabeth.
    1841 she is living with he parents and 2 sisters at St.Erth,Hayle.
    1851- Piece: HO107/1916 Place: Camborne -Cornwall Enumeration District: 3c
    Civil Parish: Phillack Ecclesiastical Parish: - Folio: 606 Page: 10 Schedule: 33 Address: Penpull Terrace.
    1861 she is living at Phillack,Hayle.Piece: RG9/1586 Place: Redruth -Cornwall Enumeration District: 2
    Civil Parish: Phillack Ecclesiastical Parish: - Folio: 45 Page: 52 Schedule: 314 Address: Hayle Foundry.
    1871 she is living at Piece: RG10/2324 Place: Camborne -Cornwall Enumeration District: 4
    Civil Parish: Camborne Ecclesiastical Parish: St. Martin's Folio: 19 Page: 29 Schedule: 148 Address: William St
    She is unmarried and a housekeeper to Charles Rowe. Charles appears to be married and his 3 children are in the census.( Charles was with his wife in 1861).
    In 1881 Jane is a widow and is living Piece: RG11/2334 Place: Camborne -Cornwall Enumeration District: 4
    Civil Parish: Camborne Ecclesiastical Parish: St. Martins Folio: 98 Page: 26 Schedule: 148 Address: 43 Centenary Row Midle,Camborne. Charles's children are with her.
    I can't find a marriage between Jane and Charles and I can't find Jane in 1891.
    I have discounted the Jane Rowe living with daughter Ej Thorrington at 1,Mill Row ,Hayle in 1901 having found the daughter's marriage certificate and her father wasn't Charles.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

FreeBMD have a Charles Rowe and a Jane COLLINS on the same page June quarter 1871, Redruth registration district. Camborne is in that district. Possibility?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

genie12

It is a possibilty especially if her name wasn't heard properly.