Default ScotlandsPeople temporary closure in Sept

From ScotlandsPeople

We are writing to let you know that the ScotlandsPeople website will be unavailable from Wednesday 7 September 2016 at 23.59 (BST). This is due to essential planned work which is taking place over this time. The work is expected to be completed and service resumed by Monday 12 September 2016. Please check Facebook or Twitter for updates.

Customers visiting The ScotlandsPeople Centre in Edinburgh or using one of the local family history centres will be able to access records as normal on Thursday 8 and Friday 9 September 2016.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    The work is expected to be completed and service resumed by Monday 12 September 2016. Please check Facebook or Twitter for updates.
    The work was delayed and was supposed to be finished this Monday. However, the site is still down. Even if, like me, you do not subscribe to Facebook or Twitter you can check progress by going to
    https://twitter.com/ScotlandsPeople
    Sue Mackay

It's now up and running, but it is a completely new look website and it will take me a while to find my way around! It seems that you can search a bit more comprehensively for free and only pay to view in more detail.
    Sue Mackay