Default Getting ready for the professional printer

My tree is on Find my Past and has 44 people on it.I exported it to my PC at weekend but acrobat reader couldn't open it. I urgently need to get it to our local printer who will put it on good paper to roll and tube as a gift. He is expecting pdf or jpeg but I don't know what to do now. Ideally I want a wide sheet as one of the generation lines has 7 children plus their spouses another has 11 children and their spouses.The first generation and the last one are much smaller. If I type it all out what format can I use? The templates only seem to allow for grand parents and great grand parents rather than aunts and uncles. I am not explaining this very well but it is for 4 generations top to bottom but is wide!! Any suggestions please.

Reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about FMP trees but their help pages only mention exporting to gedcom. What is the name of the file that you downloaded - specifically the file suffix (everything after the dot)?

Brick wall demolition expert!

I think that Peter has solved the issue. Unless you have a programme on your computer that reads GEDCOM files then you cannot open it.

I have sent you a private message that might help you.

Loves to help with queries

Acrobat won't open a .ged file (which is what FMP sends you when you export your tree). One site online suggests that you could try importing it into Acrobat instead - I don't have Acrobat but I assume there's an option to "import" under the file menu. So you'd open Acrobat first, then click import, then look for your file. But even if that works, probably all you'll get is text, so Megan's suggestion is a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I know nothing about FMP trees but their help pages only mention exporting to gedcom. What is the name of the file that you downloaded - specifically the file suffix (everything after the dot)?
    Thank you Peter, could you please wait for the action with Megan to be completed and if we get stuck I will come back to you. After the dot the file is just ged.

Thank you all. The Gedcom file is now sorted and in a pdf format that I can email to the printer's. Special thanks to Megan for her help.