Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wilby John Carter Lost

Hi I hope you may be able to help, I am looking for Wilby John Carter born 1828 Heveningham, Suffolk, the son of James Carter born Heveningham, 1800 and Elizabeth Wilby born 1805 Suffolk.
    He may have died I just can not find a death . I am also having problems with his brother James born in1837.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Kind regards Sue

Growing old Disgracefully

James Carter son of Elizabeth Wilby and James Carter, Baptism 6 Apr 1833 - Heveningham,Suffolk,England

also

James Carter son of Elizabeth Wilby and James Carter, Christening 09 Jul 1837 Heveningham,Suffolk,England

Is it just these 2 people you are looking for, have you got all of the other children, and their marriages

The family in 1841?

Census ref HO107 1015 7 8

Wilby John down simply as "John"?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Devonmade

There is a John Carter b 1831 Heveningham in the Blything Union Workhouse in the 1851 census. HO107; Piece: 1803; Folio: 321; Page: 10

1851 Census

HO107 1803 458 16

Only James Snr, Sarah and Samuel - possibly the family?

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    The family in 1841?

Census ref HO107 1015 7 8

Wilby John down simply as "John"?
    I did wonder if he changed his name to John.
    Not the same but I have a Willoby Farmer in my family that change into William Farmer

I did wonder if the "Wilby John" as the given names should read "John Wilby" - more used to seeing mother's maiden surname used as a second/middle given name rather than the first given name?

The parish register baptism details are a transcription only.

janbooth

Could this be Wilby John - just shown as John - in the 1881 census of Heveningham (RG11/1892, folio 101, page 13):

John CARTER Head Widower 52 Ag Labourer Heveningham Suffolk

His age seems to vary from the 1851 census record which Devonmade has found in post 5 through to the 1861/71 census records where he is living in Heveningham together with wife Mary and various children. There is a marriage at Reydon (reg district of Blything) on 5 November 1854 for a John CARTER & Mary Ann DYBALL (source Ancestry Select Marriages) - perhaps a possibility??

Janet

janbooth

Death registration for a Mary Ann CARTER in the December qtr 1873 at Blything reg district, aged 73 and one for John CARTER in the March qtr 1900 at Blything reg district, aged 75.

Janet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast