Default Looking for help please on Mansfield family.

Hi,
    I have just joined the forum and searching for any information on a Mansfield family with a connection to Weston-Super-Mare please.

I have been doing research for a number of years now into the Cork connection with WW1 as well as a number of other interests as well. In relation to the Mansfield family I have been tracing the life of a Cecil Mansfield born in Cork city in 1883 and who died in France in 1914, Cecil married a Ms Maud Dalton and they had one son before Cecil died.

I am trying specifically to find any family connection to Cecil’s son Harold Bruce Mansfield born in Cork in 1914 and died in Weston Super Mare in 1986. As far as I can ascertain Harold married a Daisy Davis in 1941 but I don’t know if they had any children.

I hope I have posted this in the right place and any help that the members can give will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Sean

Famous for offering help & advice

a Daisy Irene Mansfield died Weston Super Mare 1984. (and born Evesham 1918)

Thank you very much for that quick reply. This is new information for me as I had not found her death record.
    Regards,
    Sean

as far as Mansfield births in Weston in the 1940's there are none with mother's maiden name Davis

of 1940's Mansfield births with mother Davis, none in that region (2 in London, 1 in Essex, 1 in Uxbridge - they are easily found on the FreeBMD index)

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Hi Wimsey,
    Thank you again for your help and pointing me towards the freebmd. I had found the names before on the site but was completely confused with the different locations of birth. The fact that Harold and Daisy were married during the war years may have had them moving to any where in the country or indeed they may have remained near the Stratford/ Evesham area where they had married and where Daisy was born.

I had been in contact with some people in the Weston area with Mansfield surname but without any luck. What I have now done is contacted one of the main library's in the Weston area to check for any obituaries for them both to see if there is any family listed.

Thank you again for your help and I will let you know how I get on with the library.

The back story to my search is that Harold's father Cecil died in WW1 but was buried without his name and my research over the last seven years into this case culminated a few months ago when I finally got the CWGC to accept my information on Cecil's death, they will now over the next while put a new headstone on Cecil's grave to mark his final resting place.
    Thank you again and I will keep you informed.

Regards,
    Sean

sorry I wasn't more help Sean - others here are far better qualified than me. Congratulations on getting something done about Cecil's headstone.

The following is not particularly relevant and you may know it already - on the 1939 Register Daisy is shown living with a farming family at Stratford-on-Avon - the Hodges at Glebe Farm, Dorsington. Also not particularly relevant, Daisy's mother's maiden name was Stephens so one can find siblings of Daisy also born at Evesham on FreeBMD. It looks as if Daisy was the eldest of four.

Have you checked for Harold's will?

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#willsa po
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I have moved this from Introduce Yourself as it has turned into a research query. Glad to see you have received some help already

Welcome to BG!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Hi Wimsey, as you probable know yourself any bit of information no matter how small helps to complete the overall picture. The information that you gave me was new to me and of great help in filling in the blanks relating to Daisy's birth and indeed her death in 1984. Also we all come from somewhere so having her mothers maiden name will help should we need to follow that line.
    I will let you know how things progress.
    Kind Regards,
    Sean

Hi Helachau,
    Thank you for that important link to his will. Yes indeed Harold's will is listed and he died on the 3rd October 1986 (this too is new information).
    There is a fee incurred in accessing the will, which I will do but I will just hold off doing this for the moment and wait and see if the obituary's turn up from the newspapers or the Weston Library's.
    Also from your link I have found the wills of some of my own family members who died in the UK, so I will be checking out a few details about them as well now.
    Thanks Again.
    Regards,
    Sean