Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rose smith

Hi almach, Yes my Rose did marry John William Marks in 1915

Thank you Rose

rose smith

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    apologies if I've confused the matter
    Hi Wimsey, No problem I am confused myself lol.

Growing old Disgracefully

I'm a bit confused as well LOL and that's not unusual for me especially when like today I've been to hospital.

So both the Rose Constance and the Rose Florence that where found are not the person you are looking for.

When getting certificates you can ask for a Cross Reference as you have the mothers name Alice as well as Rose and Ethel. They charge you but if its not the right person they give you a refund.

As this has turned into a research thread I have moved it from Introduce Yourself to the London forum.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

rose smith

Hi Sandyhall, Yes waste of money but I just get excited and ordered in case lol, should have got them checked first. I just think her birth has be be somewhere especially as her sisters birth was registered 2/3 years earlier. Unless of course she had Rose out of wedlock too and because she felt ashamed she didnt bother registering her birth. Apparently when her husband remarried, his new wife burned all the photos so assuming she burnt everything that belonged in the past! Apparently Alice never mentioned any family so there is no information that I can go back to so its another brick wall. When Alice married a Bickle she stated she was single but her granddaughter said she was previously married, I think she hid the truth. Such a shame I only have her death certificate, I keep looking at the picture I have of my dad with his parents when he was about 2 hoping she will give me answers lol

Thanks for the help Rose

rose smith

Hi sue, I am not good navigating this site, how do I find London forum please?
    Thanks Rose

Famous for offering help & advice

from Home page go to County Forums (beneath History Topics) - England Counties - London Main Forum

if you are reading this post you are now in the London Main Forum ! (you were when you read Sue's message) - the top of the page tells where you are in relation to home, bit like a Russian doll - one inside another inside another etc.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Struggling like all the others
    Alice Collins 41
    Ethel Collins 9
    Rose Collins 7

Florence St Plaistow West Ham
    John M Bickle 45
    Florence O Bickle 15
    William H Bickle 13
    Nellie L Bickle 9
    Ernest V Bickle 7
    Maud D Bickle 5
    Alice Collins 41 widow visitor 1860 Clerkenwell

Marriage Place:
    Canning-Town, Essex, England
    Name: Alice Collins
    Birth Date: 1860
    Marriage Date: 7 Apr 1901
    Father: Henry Collins
    Spouse: John Munson Bickle

88 Siebert Road, Westcombe Park, Blackheath Road, Kent, London S E
    John Bickle 56
    Ernest Bickle 17
    Maud Bickle 15
    Rose Collins 17 Step Daughter Don servant Plaistowe

89 Kyrle Road, West Side, Clapham Common S W
    Nellie Lavinia Rickle 19
    Alice Rickle 52 visiting stepdau

John M BICKLE died 1913

Alice BICKLE died 1950

Spent sometime trying to get my head around this.

Rose Collinsb 1894 'Stow ( Plaistowe) is with the BICKLE family in 1911, Alice prev Collins is visiting her step dau

Alice is on the 1901 census as a visitor of John M BICKLE who she married a few days later AND with 2 children Ethel & Rose

I cannot see a baptism for Ethel b 1891/2 Poplar

Can you let us have some references to where you have found information to include the witnesses on all marriage certificates held and appropriate

rose smith

Hi Geneius, Yes this is the family!
    Ethel Maud Collins Baptism 14/6/1891 at St Michael & All Angels, Bromley. Living at 3 St.Leonards Avenue Bromley, Poplar. Parents Henry Collins driver Mother Alice Collins found info on Ancestry.

" " " Birth certificate 28/5/1891 name and surname of father has a line through, mother Alice Collins general servant.

Marriage of Alice Collins (spinster) to John Munson Bickle (widower) 7/4/1901 West Ham, living Florence Street. Alice states her father as Henry Collins and occupation as Carman.
    witnesses Adolphus Wortley and Margaret Savory Coughlin.

Marriage of Rose Constance Collins to John William Marks 18/2/1915 The register Office, Poplar. witnesses Ann Marks and Edith Coughlin. Rose's father HENRY COLLINS (deceased) occupation Carman

Death certificate of Rose Constance Marks 24/4/1939 age 45 years died of TB in St.Andrews Hospital, Poplar

Thank you for finding Alice on 1911 census!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thank you for your comprehensive reply, hopefully some of the others who looked at this post may now re visit it

What I do not understand is why Alice Collins is on the 1901 census with the 2 girls and with the BICKLE family. There are cases of duplication but only rarelt

Thank you for finding Alice on 1911 census!
    Tip Use * instead of a letter i.e *ickle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast