Famous for offering help & advice

Default RAMC war diaries on Ancestry

Hi - apologies if this is covered elsewhere

If possible I would like to read the diaries of whichever part of the RAMC a relative was attached to.

If I go to the war diaries section of Ancestry and ask for Royal Army Medical Corps it wants to know which 'Division' (I assume which division of the army attached to) - this is the bit I don't know.

https://
    search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=60779

I can tell you the man's name, date of birth, address, regimental number, possible place of recruitment and date of entry into 'theatre of war' (Balkans) but I guess there's no point me doing that if you think that this is not going to be enough information. As far as I am aware there's no service record and I don't have an ambulance unit number (if that's important).

is this going to be a non-starter ?

Thanks for replies.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 07-08-2016 at 4:46 PM. Reason: Direct link to a commercial company removed

I assume that you've looked at his medal index card? Sometimes they include such info, other times not...

Famous for offering help & advice

yes I have looked at the card. Actually he has two cards because of a mis-spelling of his name. Neither contains more than the very basic information.

You may be better off going to The National Archives site directly to read their guide Here

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs