Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    ziksby

Default Immigration CD

Hi Carl,
    I can't access the info on that immigration CD at present as it doesn't run on my Vista PC. It was designed for XP and before. My old PC is under wraps in my garage. If I get a chance, I'll run the CD next time I fire it up .... no promise as to when that will be. Alternatively why not go to your local LDS church and see if they have a copy.
    Regards
    Roger

cwsmith83

Default Description of CD

Thanks for the quick response. I will try the local LDS church. What is the name of the CD or the CD collection I would be asking for? Thanks, Carl

ziksby

Default Immigration CD

Carl,
    The CD dates from 1999 and is from the FamilySearch Family History Resource File. Its title is "Mormon Immigration Index" and is for the years 1840-1890. The info is taken from personal voyage accounts, the European Emigration card index, European Mission Registers, LDS publications and customs lists.
    Best of luck, they had a copy at my local LDS church here in the UK, which I used before I bought my own copy.
    Roger

Annamarie

Perhaps you could try this https://mormonmigration.lib.byu.edu/

ziksby

Annamarie,
    Many thanks for the link. Great to know that this data is now online.
    Roger

David Annis

I have no subscription that will find your Selena Doel Stevens, but if you Google her name, (Selena Doel Stevens. Mormon) you will find some history about her. You may already know about all this. She married Joseph Laben Wall, March 7th 1863. It says that Selina was born April 7th 1840. Her Parents also joined her from Bath.There is a typo in this report as it jumps 100 years to 1963 and 1940.
    I thought it was only me that did things like that.
    If all else fails and you still have had no luck, may I suggest you put out a new post and ask if any of our American cousins can check for you.
    It would be interesting to learn which trail she may have been on and who lead it. She may have been in a handcart company and if you are lucky there may be a report of the journey and her name may well appear there.
    If you are really interested in the Mormon story may I recommend, Wallace Stegner's, "The Gathering of Zion" or a smaller handbook, "Recollections of a handcart Pioneer of 1860" by Mary Ann Hafen.
    Wallace Stegner gives a vivid picture of life as a Mormon and on the Mormon trails without being for or against their beliefs. Mary Ann Hafen shows just hard and cruel life was in a handcart company.
    Cheers
    Dave,

Bonnie Clark

Hi ziksby,
    My ancestors were not Mormon but I am trying to locate parents and/or any information for MICHAEL CLARK who was supposedly born in Dublin abt. 1808.
    I do not know when he came to America but he married a Rachel Smith from Virginia, USA on 24 Aug. 1832.
    Michael and Rachel had four children: Mattie b. abt 1834, Alanson b. abt 1835, John H. b. 28 Jan 1837 in Peoria County, Illinois, USA (my paternal great-great grandfather), and finally William Lee b. 18 Nov 1838 in Woodland TWP, Fulton, Illinois, USA.
    I am very new at researching my ancestors and would appreciate any little tidbit of information, should you find something.
    Thanks so much. You are so kind to help us find our ancestors.
    Bonnie Clark

dian

Hi Ziksby,

Would your disk have any info on a Nicholas Terrier, a Frenchman, in USA or Canada, circa 1820-1860, and his sons?

Not much to go on but would appreciate some guidance. Thanks Di

sbthomas

Default Robert Thomas Higbee & Caroline Amelia Brukin

Quote Originally Posted by Minnow View Post
    Do you have any info on a Robert Higbee and Caroline Amelia Higbee who emigrated from London to USA - early 1900's?
    Also any Bruckins?
    Regard
    Mary
    I have a fair amount of information about Robert and Caroline, including books belonging to Caroline and her sister Florence as well as several pairs of eyeglasses made by Robert. He made and sold eyeglasses in Salt Lake City, Utah USA.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default SS Hudson, 1864 - Mary Ann Willis and Family

Quote Originally Posted by ziksby View Post
    Hi Brenda

This could be them .....
    WILLIS, Mary Ann <1815> Hudson 1864
    WILLIS, John <1830> Hudson 1864
    Note: BMR, p. 99
    WILLIS, George <1853> Hudson 1864
    WILLIS, Joseph <1856> Hudson 1864

Sailing from London as a family in 1864 on the HUDSON with around 860 other Mormon emigrants. More info from other passenger's personal accounts if you want it. They crossed the Atlantic to New York, then up the Hudson river to Albany and then by train to Utah.
    The above excerpt is from a family who traveled in the same company as my ancestor, Mary Ann Sabey.(age 25) I am trying to trace her passage to Utah, with memories, journals, logs etc., of others in the Company. Could I have the Willis account - from England to Utah, and any other families who would have been in that company?

Also, if anyone who is reading this thread has information regarding Hannah East, who traveled with Mary Ann or William Darrington who arrived on the SS Underwriter in 1860?

Thank you very much - CathiePat

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast