Question Looking for J W Clements, please help

Hi, my first post here. I have been searching the pages for a record of my grandfather, John William Clements who served in the 2nd Suffolk Regiment enlisting in 1914, entered the war in May, 1915 and came home in 1918. His Regiment number was 12573 but I cannot see anything for him and I am a bit puzzled why. Could anyone help please? Many thanks.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    I think you have come to us from FWR so reading https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...rs-Please-Read will tell you about us.

Different sites are licensed to hold different records and service records for WW1 are licensed to Findmypast and ancestry. Also be aware that 60% plus of WW1 service records were destroyed in WW11 by bombing/fire.
    What do survive are the Medal Roll Index Cards and the Award and Medal records. These just give the basic facts of name, rank, regiment(s), maybe the date of the first theatre of war entered.

I will see what I can find

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Oh lucky you. His service record survived. I found it on ancestry (it will be on FMP as well) There are 30 images, I haven't read them.
    ancestry and FMP do have free library versions so you local library may haveit or you can buy some credits or you can take out a free 14 day trial but you have to give your credit card details so be sure to cancel the trial before the 14 days are up and/or untick the renew subscription box (FMP)

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There is a Medal card on Ancestry for Lance Corporal John William Clements 12573, he was entitled to the Victory & British Medal

If he was b 1895 Stowupland / Stowmarket there an Army record on FMP ( findmypast) If you do the 14 day trial offered on each site remember to cancel payment details. ( FMP T&C prevent us from placing the info on the forum)

Must learn to type quicker

Hi Christina, thank you very much.

Thank you Christina, that's great news, I will have a look. Thank you very much. He was born in 1899 but like many in WWI said he was older than he was. Thanks again.