Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I give it go after lunch,thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    It's a search engine, like Google except Duckduckgo doesn't track you.

The search term I suggested works on Google or Duckduckgo.

carr romsey site:british-genealogy.com

If you found a lot of irrelevant references to Romsey Town in Cambridge (you won't!) you could amend the search to something like

carr romsey -Cambridge site:british-genealogy.com
    Peter, I don't know how many times I've read your instructions re how to search this site using the 'site:british-genealogy.com' but this time I am definitely going to make a note of 'how to'. Especially as you've included how to omit the 'not wanted' results as well.
    Thank you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks for that tip but i didn't get my answer maybe i'm the first person to ask about Surname Carr living in Romsey.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I was looking for Carr too. The thing is, my sister had the family tree done but only the Heath and Chase side. There was an Anne Carr. I even have a picture of her. I just started doing this and yes it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    I was looking for Carr too. The thing is, my sister had the family tree done but only the Heath and Chase side. There was an Anne Carr. I even have a picture of her. I just started doing this and yes it's confusing.
    Hello Catlady
    Why not start a new thread in a suitable forum? Give all the facts you have on Anne Carr and let's see what the BG sleuths can find.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Well Anne Carr was only mentioned. She was on my grampa Chase's side. I'm still trying to figure out these forums. So many different names and links to go through. I was just trying to start someplace.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    Well Anne Carr was only mentioned. She was on my grampa Chase's side. I'm still trying to figure out these forums. So many different names and links to go through. I was just trying to start someplace.
    There's no rush. We'll still be here in a year (and more)'s time.

Take your time, study the family tree in a little more depth so you understand what you're doing, get together all that you know about Anne, and then ask us what you'd like to still know about her. Same goes for any other family members.
    Don't worry too much about putting a query in the wrong forum (though don't do something so obviously wrong as post a query about England in the Australian section ) because the mods can always move things.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12