Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    genie12

Arrow Harriet Rowarth 1911 St Mawes

In 1911 Harriet born 1854 at St Gerrans, is living with her son David Rowarth who was born in 1888 in Manchester. Harriet's sister Maria Truan who was single born 1856 at Gerrans, is with them. The census says that Harriet had five children but four had died.
    There is a marriage between Harriet Collins and David Rowarth at Stoke Dameral in 1878.
    If Maria is Harriet's sister where is the marriage between Harriet and ? Collins.
    These two women match names in my Truan tree except the ages. my 'Harriet' was born in 1845 and her sister Maria was born in 1847. Both were born at Gerrans.
    My Harriet disappears after the 1871 ,never to be seen again and Maria disappears after the 1901 census.
    Surely they can't be one and the same and both lied about their ages?

1891 RG12; Piece 3259 Folio 63 Page 18
    Beswick Lancashire
    David Rowarth 35 labourer Manchester corporation Newtown Manchester
    Harriet Rowarth 36 Churchtown Cornwall
    David Rowarth 4 Bradford
    Harriet Rowarth 1 Beswick
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

This looks like David snr's death so Harriet was still married as she says, in the 1911 census (I can't find a marriage)
    David Raworth
    death registered March 1/4 1930 age 72, Salford
    William Burroughs

There is a birth registration Falmouth district Dec 1/4 1856 for a Harriet Ann Collins.

Christina
    William Burroughs

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    This looks like David snr's death so Harriet was still married as she says, in the 1911 census (I can't find a marriage)
    David Raworth
    death registered March 1/4 1930 age 72, Salford
    There is a marriage between Harriet Collins and David Rowarth at Stoke Dameral in 1878.
    1871 has Harriet Collins age 14 born Budock living with parents James and Isabella at Piece: RG10/2294 Place: Falmouth -Cornwall Enumeration District: 9 Civil Parish: Budock Ecclesiastical Parish: - Folio: 53 Page: 11 Schedule: 47.
    In 1881 a possible Harriet age 24 Piece: RG11/2316 Place: Falmouth -Cornwall Enumeration District: 5
    Civil Parish: Falmouth Ecclesiastical Parish: Falmouth Folio: 138 Page: 20 Schedule: 86 Address: 13 Lansdowne Road.
    Is she the same Harriet?

genie12

In 1901 there is a D Rowarth an Inmate Of Asylum, Labourer,pauper patient.Bodmin. Can't find him in 1911.
    The Harriet Collins in 1871 was born in Penryn,yet the Harriet in 1911 is born in Gerrans.
    I believe that I left a post on the board somewhere,regarding Elizabeth Truan and Harriet Truan where it was found that Elizabeth Truan had a daughter named Edith Truan who was born at Preswitch in 1888. That is where Harriet Rowath is living at some point.
    There is a death for a Harriet Rowarth in 1919,Truro district.
    The marriage for Harriet may be incorrect because there is a David Rowarth who is a soldier and single living at Pendinnis Castle Barracks in 1881. Maybe he lied about being single? The chap's birth place was Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by genie12 View Post
    I believe that I left a post on the board somewhere,regarding Elizabeth Truan and Harriet Truan where it was found that Elizabeth Truan had a daughter named Edith Truan who was born at Preswitch in 1888. That is where Harriet Rowath is living at some point.
    Here is the post about Elizabeth, Edith and Harriet https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...6-Truan-Truran

Christina
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I don't like spending other people's money when a connection isn't a direct ancestor but I do think you need to obtain the marriage certificate of David Rowarth and Harriet Collins. It should (hopefully!) tell you whether Harriet was a widow or single, and crucially the name of her father. i.e. whether he was someone Collins or Peter Truan.

And as for
    Surely they can't be one and the same and both lied about their ages?
    A neighbour once told me that one of her aunts knocked eight years off her age because her husband was so much younger than she was. And I think we can all give one example where there is a serious discrepancy in age between two census - and that applies to both men and women. Whether the difference is deliberate or because they really had forgotten how old they were will remain forever as one of life's mysteries.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

janbooth

1901 census of St Anthony in Roseland (RG13/2217, folio 42, page 19) shows Harriet ROWARTH aged 45 born Gerrans living at the "Ship & Castle" Hotel with son David aged 13 born Manchester.

Janet

RG11 2317 60 21

Harriet Roweth, "soldier's wife, born Gerrans"" -
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast