Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    genie12

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I'm sorry that (at the moment) it seems that you wasted your money on that certificate.
    However, it seems a strange coincidence that this Harriet Collins' father was called Peter as well.
    What are the details for the groom? Age, occupation, address, and his father's name and occupation.

Pam
    David Rowarth age 24 ,Royal artillary. Father David Rowarth deceased. David was living at the Barracks,Devonport. The writing is unclear so I have no idea what his father's occupation was.
    It doesn't say that Harriet's father was deceased.
    To waste more money I decided to send for the birth certificate of Edith Truan who was born in the area where Harriet and her husband lived in 1891.
    Hopefully Edith's mother's address will be there and then I will see where her mother Elizabeth Truan was living and who registered the birth.

genie12

Quote Originally Posted by genie12 View Post
    To waste more money I decided to send for the birth certificate of Edith Truan who was born in the area where Harriet and her husband lived in 1891.
    Hopefully Edith's mother's address will be there and then I will see where her mother Elizabeth Truan was living and who registered the birth.
    I received the birth certiicate of Edith Mary Truan and she was born in 1884 at Manchester Workhouse and her mother was Elizabeth Truan a servant of Manchester. The workhouse matron registered the birth.
    I am sure Harriet Collins/Rowarth was a Truan and Elizabeth Truan who had the child in Manchester is the same Elizabeth who is back in Cornwall and living in a workhouse in Truro in later censuses,and that Harriet and Elizabeth are sisters.
    I wonder if Elizabeth followed her sister Manchester.
    That doesn't explain why Harriet called herself Collins. I can't find a marriage for her in the UK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123