Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Devonmade

Death for Violetta Harris b 1902 Vol 3c page 264, 1949 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Devonmade View Post
    Death for Violetta Harris b 1902 Vol 3c page 264, 1949 Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
    Which was in Q2, whereas the marriage in #6 was in Q3!

I think yours is more likely to be correct, Devonmade.

Peter

janbooth

Definitely divorced, Peter (post 5). Daughter Freda J married in the Bradford area in June qtr 1949. Daughter Gertrude Florence also married in the Bradford area in Dec qtr 1950. Given that Violet(tta) remarried as Violet E SIMPSON to an Albert R HARRIS (pretty sure this is the correct marriage as it is the only one that appears on the GRO Index), there is a death registration in March 1955 at Exeter reg district of a Violet E HARRIS, aged 52. Perhaps a possibility?

The Violetta HARRIS whose death is registered in the June qtr 1949 at Nottingham appears on the National Probate Calendar. She died 29 May 1949 at the City Hospital and was of 16 Harmston Rise, Heathfield Estate, Nottingham, and was the wife of Alfred Alma HARRIS, Corporation Employee.

An Alfred A HARRIS married Violetta CRANE in the June qtr 1924 at Nottingham (GRO Index), so I do not think she is your Violet(tta) SIMPSON.

Janet

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There is a news item Nottingham Evening Post 20 October 1944 including a Violetta HARRIS ( witness) barmaid at the Shoulder & Mutton PH and the theft of £162

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for this information Janet. As Peter mentioned earlier, I went on to FMP and into the 1939 register, and she is definately the right one, as the man who was citied in the divorce was at the same address with his son, and she had 2 of my aunts with her.
    In 1939 she was still married as the divorce was not absolute until 1942, so she was using his name. Unfortunately some of the information is closed so I cant find out who the Harris chap was, but due to the great amount of help on this site, I have been able to move on a little with this missing link, in the family tree. Thank you Lellie

janbooth

Glad to be of any help, Lellie. The 1939 Register often gives the date of the subsequent marriage, as it has in the case of Violetta's two daughters, but unfortunately not in the case of Violetta - typical!

Janet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12