I have a family biography of my Carter ancestors. It’s only a small portion of my family history, but the biography is nevertheless fascinating. It covers part of the Carter family living in Padstow. I have starred some points of interest where I need help.

What I know:
Thomas Carter was born 15 June 1769 (Parents Thomas and Eliz(*)) from Minster Boscastle married Susannah Baron Billing (parents Samuel and Elizabeth) from Port Issac 8 Aug 1793 at St. Endellion. They had 10 children: William Baron(**), Pascoe, Samuel, Thomas(***), Ann, John, Susan, Eliza, Burnard(****), and Henry.

Questions, comments, and things to confirm:

(*) Has anyone gone further back into the Carter line? Looking at the OPC database Thomas and Elizabeth possibly had 9 children : Thomas, Philip, John, Anne, Philip, Elizabeth, Elizth, Joseph, and Mary. Am I on the right track?

(**) William Baron Carter, Master Mariner, married Maria Langdon. From research, they had a daughter Sarah who married a Moses Sloggett who had a daughter Ellen. I am fairly certain that Ellen Sloggett (aka the North Cornwall author Enys Tregarthen) is the granddaughter of William Barron Carter. Has anyone been working on this line and can confirm this? I am not a direct descendant, but am interested because her books are still available to read and she may be a very distant cousin.

(***) Thomas Carter b 1799, the Shipbuilder of Padstow, had three daughters Mary (Wilson), Georgianna (Old), and Ann (Carter) <—- my 3x great grandmother. If anyone working on this line is interested I have more information.

(***) The family biography says that Burnard was a Wesleyan Minister, but I can not internet available evidence of this. Bernard died at sea and was brought home for burial. I can not find evidence of his death. He was a Master Mariner, Captain, and part owner of an unknown sailing vessel. The unknown part owner somehow took everything leaving Burnard’s wife with nothing and three children to raise Eliza (Toppperwell), Philo (Walker), and John Slade Carter <—- my 3x great grandfather

References:
Brit Gen Forum: Thread: McCracken - Carter families 09-01-2006
www.cornwall-opc-database.org/
FamilySearch.org
“THE HISTORY OF PORT ISAAC AND PORT QUIN” by Dr. Frederick Trevan. 1833-34
Communication with the Padstow Museum (regarding Ellen Sloggett)