Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Talking Searching Tarling, Woodward, Revitt, Pollard

Searching for Tarling in Islington West, Middlesex; Pollard, Revitt or Revett, Woodward, Easthall in Middlesex and London counties. Research from the US is difficult! Have found three groups of Tarlings in the US, all three have the same names so am thinking they are from the same line of Tarlings in England. All showed up in the US in late 1890's or early 1900's. The Maine Tarlings are my line. Have done some research on the other lines in US, so if you lost a Tarling in the US I can look for them. Thanks for any help on these lines that fade into the past. Joyce

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Joyce

To receive the help you need with your Tarlings in England I think it would be best if you choose a suitable forum(maybe the county they came from or the brickwall forum) give us the name of the particular person you are stuck on and all that you know about them. eg wife, children dates and places of birth/death so that we know we are searching for the correct Tarlings in the correct time frame.
    Our friendly helpful members love a challenge so help will be along.

Just done a little searching
    Is this your line?
    Arthur Tarling married Naomi Elizabeth Pollard September 1/4 1875 registration district Islington vol 1b page 30

They are on the 1891 Canada census then the US censuses from 1900 onwards in Maine

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Joyce. It's good to know that we now have another US expert!

One word of caution about similar collections of names online. They may all be from the same roots, but some of them may be because people found the original research online and made assumptions......

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I can put you onto Tarlings in Australia, if you know of any who relocated to this country?

Phil