Default Death Cert Request

Hi All,
    I am trying to obtain my Great Grandfather's Death Cert and don't have his date of death. I have all other relevant information that is required. I have also emailed the crematorium to see if they can help. My family can't remember the date of death just know the month and year for which I already know. Full Name: Gilbert Henry Bellinger, died Croydon, June 1970, Born: 18th March 1896. Age at death: 74.
    Anyone able to help please?
    A

Knowledgeable and helpful

The GRO reference for the death is

June 1970 Croydon vol 5a p2004

If you haven't come across the site before FreeBMD can be very useful.

Emeltee

Emeltee,
    yayyy thankyou all sorted

Loves to help with queries

You don't need to know the date of death, just the details you have been given from the death index with quarter, year, volume and page number. Order for £9.25 from the GRO https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    You don't need to know the date of death, just the details you have been given from the death index with quarter, year, volume and page number. Order for £9.25 from the GRO https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
    The cost of certificates is obscene. For those of us who actually want to verify our family in the tree corresponds with the family they are necessary yet they charge a tenner a pop. Does anyone know when the Deregulation Bill might actually be enacting on to allow a cheaper service?