Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Paul
    Another thought- would it make sense to place a new thread on the Rimini and Duque rather than link it to this current thread.
    A new thread with Rimini and Duque would enable researchers with links to your lines to add data and make contact.

Phillip
    Ok Philip,thanks,will make new one with new names to look for.
    Have a nice day

Paul
    Once you post a new headed Rimini-Duque thread I will post a range of data based on sources including Ancestry.Com
    Phillip

Hi

There is an extensive Gosschalk family tree on Geni. It includes Abraham who married Betje Beek as well as their descendants and ancestors.

I'm researching Hull Jewish deaths in WW1 and WW2. There were two Gosschalk - Louis Berlyn (who is on the Geni tree) and Edward Meyer who is not. The parents of the latter are Edward (born Holland 1841) and Esther Michael (born Bristol 1851). if you know how the two are related to each other please let me know.

Default Thanks Howard

Quote Originally Posted by howardcuckle View Post
    Hi

There is an extensive Gosschalk family tree on Geni. It includes Abraham who married Betje Beek as well as their descendants and ancestors.

I'm researching Hull Jewish deaths in WW1 and WW2. There were two Gosschalk - Louis Berlyn (who is on the Geni tree) and Edward Meyer who is not. The parents of the latter are Edward (born Holland 1841) and Esther Michael (born Bristol 1851). if you know how the two are related to each other please let me know.
    Thanks Howard for this piece of information,all data is welcome .
    Best regards,Paul Beek,the Hague

Paul and Howard
    Looking at data on the Gosschalk I suspect that the families are related but cannot see any records to associate the families as yet.However,in the case of Lionel Gosschalk father of Louis Beryln both he and Edward Gosschalk are in the same trade dealing in the case of Lionel as a cattle salesman born London and in the case of Edward father of Edward a wool and hide merchant.
    The 1881 Census indicates that Edward Gosschalk father of Edward killed in WW1 is likely to be the brother of Hermann Gosschalk a provision merchant born Netherlands:
    1881 ( Crown Copyright TNA)
    RG11 7 93 28
    52 Warrington Avenue Paddington
    Hermann Gosschalk H M 44 Provision Merchant b Netherlands
    Adelaide wife 34 b Netherlands
    Edward son 12 b Middc Highgate?
    Rosalie dau 10 b Middx Highgate?
    Joseph H son 8 b Notting Hill
    Rosette L dau 6 b Notting Hill
    Jeanette dau 3 b Notting Hill
    Hormine? Wiener? niece 16 b Netherlands
    EDWARD GOSSCHALK brother M 40 Hide and Skin Merchant b Netherlands
    +3 servants

The UK Naturalisation Record for Hermann Gosschalk does not name his parents. However, there is a Israel Gosschalk who also has naturalisation papers b 1865 Rotterdam Meat Salesman father Philip and mother Hester. Again, I do not know if he is related to the other Gosschalk.

I will look further.
    Phillip

I have looked at the Netherlands Genealogy Records for Lionel Gosschalk=Anne Berjlyn and they show the line for Lionel from Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk b abt 1786-1853=Esther Levi Friso b abt 1785-1872 various children including sons who died in Groningen and Benjamin b 1814 who came to UK=Rika Zadig and hsi brother Levi aka Lewis Lazarus Gosschalk 1818-1883 b Groningen =Esther Levy.
    So far, I can't see a link to Edward b 1841=Esther Michael. There is a need for a Marriage Certificate for Edward=Esther to indicate Edward's father and occupation if recorded.

Phillip

Dear Philip,hope all is well with you.Thanks once again for your data which I much appreciate.Apparently you have more ways to access records from UK than I can from Holland.
    Have a nice evening,best personal regards,Paul

Paul
    I am going to post a range of Jewish Chronicle newspaper Archive records on the various Gosschalk. These archive records date from 1841 to the present. Please take a look at what I post and see if you can identify further links from your end.

The first Gosschalk name which appears in the Jewish Chronicle is for Philip Gosschalk Pastry Cook and Confectioner 125 Houndsditch London- 1859. Philip 1834-1899 married Hester de Vries- his son is Israel who I have posted on . Philip's father is Abraham Gosschalk 1811-1899 and wife Lea Philippus van der Reijs. The father of Abraham is Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk =Esther Levi Friso.

You can now begin to see how the lines relate.

JC Feb 23 1940
    Death of Mr Morris Gosschalk Feb 13 1940.. Aaron Leon, Sam. Konigsberg 21 Woodberry Grove N4

JC Feb 5 1932
    On the 14 January Lionel Lazarus Gosschalk ( late of Hull) relict of Annie Gosschalk Port Elizabeth South Africa

See also the South Africa Records (NASA) which have records on Lionel plus other Gosschalk

JC May 30 1902
    The Tombstone of Abraham Gosschalk late of 341 Amhurst Road West Hackney will be set at Plashet Cemetery at 4'oclock on Sunday June 1st

JC Fri March 27 1896

On 22 March West London Synagogue Upper Berkley St W Ethel HART 9 Green Lane to Henry Gosschalk 61 Mildmay Grove

JC Feb 18 1910
    9 Feb at the Synagogue Singer's Hill Birmingham
    Maurice Victor Gosschalk MA eldest son of Mr and Mrs Edward Gosschalk of Hull to Marguerite Frances ( Madge0 elder daughter of Mr and Mrs David AARON of Birmingham

I will continue to look and post because there are other researchers who have Gosschalk family trees and this may help identify further relationships.

Phillip

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567