Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Lazarus Gosschalk

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Here is the list of children born to Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk b abt 1786-20 May 1853 and Esther Levi Friso b abt 1785 Norden-21 August 1872- Source Ancestry.Com from the Netherlands Genealogie Records Nb There is further data on marriages, deaths, spouses:
    Children:
    Freerk 28 Dec 1819-1 Sept 1824 (male)
    Betje 1823
    Gelline 26 Aug 1827 m Louis Kukenheim
    Benjamin 16 Feb 1814- m Rika Zadig
    Levi 26 Feb 1818-1883 died Hull
    Henriette July 1807-28 Nov 1890 m Izak Baruch de Beer
    Abraham 31 Oct 1811-10 July 1899 m Lea Philippus va der Reis
    AARON 8June 1831 m DINAH PRINCE
    Trientje 12 Sept 1809- 20 March 1851 m Jesaias Rosenberg
    Joseph 17 May 1825-15 May 1913 m Saartje de Vrede
    Jozua Lazarus 2 Sept 1821-1912 m 1 Rike Weinberg 2 Jantje de Leeuw
    Frouwke 26 Jan 1816-12 April 1899 m Hartog Meyer Lapidaire

I have looked at 1 list but not crossed checked the above with each specific birth, marriage, death record but these are available on the Netherlands data base
    Phillip
    Thanks again for this list,will check the Dutch connections and if you r interested will get back on them,have a nice weekend

Strongly advise that you cross check all of this data because I noted Abraham b 1811-1899 m Lea Philippus van der Reis is listed as a brother of Aaron b 1831 who married Dinah Prince - you will note he is recorded as Aaron not Abraham. The Ancestry.Com records do not show the original birth, marriage, death records just a summary of the original- I would have liked to have seen the original because I know that numerous transcription errors can be made.
    Phillip

My error- the 1881 Census reads Aaron Gosschalk not Abraham as I typed hence my getting confused with Abraham and Aaron- Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk married Dinah Prince March qtr 1871 Liverpool 8b 383. Apologies for any confusion.
    Phillip

Default children of Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Thanks again for this list,will check the Dutch connections and if you r interested will get back on them,have a nice weekend
    Philip, with links: https://dutchjewry.org/genealogy/ndbeli/2841.shtml and https://dutchjewry.org/genealogy/ndbeli/11962.shtml you can see al the kids and as can be seen both Abraham(nr 3) and Aaron(nr 12) are children of Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk and Hester Levie.

These maybe the parents of Dinah Prince. Several family trees list George Prince 1816-abt 1870 m Rachel Samuel 1826-1881 as the parents of Dinah. The Marriage Certificate for Dinah should confirm her father's name and occupation.
    1850 US Federal Census ( Copyright US Archives) Albany Ward 3 New York
    George Prince 34 Pedlar b Germany
    Rachel 29 b Germany
    Esther 6 b NY
    Abraham 8 b NY
    Joseph 1 b NY

1861 British Census ( Crown Copyright TNA) RG9 2673 88 32
    55A Parr Street Liverpool
    Rachel Prince H Widow 40 seamstress b Middx London
    Esther dau 15 b Lancaster Manchester
    Solomon son 8 b America
    Sophie dau 6 b Lancaster Liverpool

1870 US Federal Census (Copyright US Archives)
    New York Ward 7 District 10
    Rachel Prince 44 Keeping house b England
    Abraham son 23 Pedlar b NY
    Joseph son 19 b NY
    Solomon son 18 b NY
    Sophie dau 15 b England
    Hester dau 25 b England tobacco stripper
    DINAH dau 27 fancy goods b England

Woolf Samuel in the family trees is recorded as a brother of Rachel. The parents of Rachel Samuel are recorded in the family trees as Abraham J Samuel 1800-1851 and Sofia 1793-1851 ( I have not verified any of these individuals)
    Phillip

Phillip

Default Dinah Prince

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    These maybe the parents of Dinah Prince. Several family trees list George Prince 1816-abt 1870 m Rachel Samuel 1826-1881 as the parents of Dinah. The Marriage Certificate for Dinah should confirm her father's name and occupation.
    1850 US Federal Census ( Copyright US Archives) Albany Ward 3 New York
    George Prince 34 Pedlar b Germany
    Rachel 29 b Germany
    Esther 6 b NY
    Abraham 8 b NY
    Joseph 1 b NY

1861 British Census ( Crown Copyright TNA) RG9 2673 88 32
    55A Parr Street Liverpool
    Rachel Prince H Widow 40 seamstress b Middx London
    Esther dau 15 b Lancaster Manchester
    Solomon son 8 b America
    Sophie dau 6 b Lancaster Liverpool

1870 US Federal Census (Copyright US Archives)
    New York Ward 7 District 10
    Rachel Prince 44 Keeping house b England
    Abraham son 23 Pedlar b NY
    Joseph son 19 b NY
    Solomon son 18 b NY
    Sophie dau 15 b England
    Hester dau 25 b England tobacco stripper
    DINAH dau 27 fancy goods b England

Woolf Samuel in the family trees is recorded as a brother of Rachel. The parents of Rachel Samuel are recorded in the family trees as Abraham J Samuel 1800-1851 and Sofia 1793-1851 ( I have not verified any of these individuals)
    Phillip

Phillip
    Philip, this I found just now:
    "According to the marriage certificate
    Dinah's father is George (occupation "traveller") but there is a blank for
    the father of Aaron Gosschalk. The wittnesses were L. Samuel and Benjamin
    Lazarus Gosschalk.

Dinah (age 25) gives her address as 60 Mill St. Totleth Park, West Derby and
    Aaron (age 38)as a butcher of 5 Baterhouse (?) lane, Hull.

I think, but am not 100% certain that this is the same Dinah Prince who is
    mentioned in the Census of 1851 as a neice in the household of Sophia Samuel
    and her son Wolf living in Liverpool. This Sophia seems to be the same Sophia
    who died later that year at the home of son Louis Samuel."
    This is from a David Alexander Puycelsi, link :https://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-12/1166781668

Beek
    I have a particular interest in the Samuel,Alexander, Aarons surnames because these particular last names relate to my own lines through marriages ( of course at present I have no idea or proof that your lines relate in anyway to me beyond the commonality of a last name). With regard to David Alexander I think from memory that I do have a link to one of his lines through a distant marriage and if it is the same David who has done significant research with Synagogues Scribes on their Will Extracts then this is the same person and I was in contact with David about 1-2 years ago and shared will data with him.
    I need to do more research on the potential relationships ( if any) of the Samuel, Alexander, Aarons but Prince and Gosschalk are not last names I recognise in the context of my Hart, Myers, Crawcour, Cohen, Jacobs paternal lines based on my current research.
    Phillip

Philip,the line I share with Aaron,his kids etc is through his wife Betje: her father is brother of my father's great grandfather(called Jacob Philip Beek), Betje in my family tree is called a 1st cousin in the 3rd degree.

My relationship to David Alexander ( he is the same person who posted on BJ) is through his Russell/Alexander line via marriages to my Cohen De Lara/Jacobs/Levy relatives.
    Phillip

For clarity- which of the following ( are they all related) are you Beek lines:
    Jacob Philip Beek b 27 Dec 1795 Amsterdam died 21 Feb 1866 married Rachel Levij Moses KOK - father Philip Moses ( Beek) mother Schoontje Davids ( Bambergen); Jacob Philip Beek b 5 Aug 1857 died 7 Feb 1923 father Philip Jacob Beek mother Rosette Rijnveld spouse Judith Rudelesheim ( is this a 1st marriage?) and Eugenie Sara van Straten; Jacob Philip Beek married Betje KOK ( Levy0 - Jacob son of Philip Jacob Beek.

Do you want to identify/clarify your precise Beek line?
    Phillip

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast