Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Thanks once again Philip,very detailed and useful information!I think some things are easier to check from the UK itself than
    from here even though we both use internet....

This is likely to be the death of Woolf SAMUEL uncle of Dinah Prince- See The Jewish Victorian.Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger, 2004 Publisher Robert Boyd

Death WOOLF SAMUEL 23.5.1869 at the residence of his brother in law DAVID MARKS, 19 Burton Crescent, of 41 BERRY STREET and 9 SUGNALL Street LIVERPOOL aged 44...for some years President of the New Synagogue- see also LOUIS SAMUEL brother

Phillip

These maybe the Death Index Records for Aaron and Dinah- Aaron GOSSCHALK Hackney 1b 493 June qtr 1901; Dinah GOSSCHALK June qtr 1907 Mile End 1c 432. If so, did they move back to London?

Phillip

To tell you the truth,since I just know about this family,everything is still foggy,have very little information.Still need to talk to someone in the Netherlands form this family.Know very little about them in the UK.
    Abaraham and Betje were married min East London Synagogue December 24,1899 and on a certificate it states that a Joseph F.Stern was clergyman and secretary at the time.

See Source Book for Jewish Genealogies and Family Histories D Zubatsky and I Berent Avotaynu 1st Ed 1996- has references to the Gosschalk and Prince/Prinz family history sources. I have used this book during my early research into my own Dutch/German/Polish Jewish lines

Probate- Louis Lazarus Gosschalk 43 Great Thornton Street Kingston upon Hull Cattle Salesman died 10 October 1883 at 43 Great Thornton Street Proved by Esther Gosschalk and Lionel Louis Gosschalk Cattle Salesman the son of 43 Great Thornton Street the Executors - Effects £614.8s 6d

Nb I put the Probate in the post because the above names look to be related to Aaron and Abraham but you would need to confirm.

Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    See Source Book for Jewish Genealogies and Family Histories D Zubatsky and I Berent Avotaynu 1st Ed 1996- has references to the Gosschalk and Prince/Prinz family history sources. I have used this book during my early research into my own Dutch/German/Polish Jewish lines

Probate- Louis Lazarus Gosschalk 43 Great Thornton Street Kingston upon Hull Cattle Salesman died 10 October 1883 at 43 Great Thornton Street Proved by Esther Gosschalk and Lionel Louis Gosschalk Cattle Salesman the son of 43 Great Thornton Street the Executors - Effects £614.8s 6d

Nb I put the Probate in the post because the above names look to be related to Aaron and Abraham but you would need to confirm.

Phillip
    Thanks again Philip,will check some names with Dutch sources,have a great weekend,best regards from the Hague

See a range of references to the various Gosschalk in The London Gazette including- Partnership between Aaron Gosschalk and Julius Polack under the firm of Gosschalk and Polack borough of Kingston upon Hull Cattle Agents 3 May 1877 and Partnership between Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk and Henry Hix Ulph Meat Salesmen 150 Central Meat Market
    Phillip

For researchers- There is data on the the Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk lines on Ancestry.Com Family trees and Netherlands Genealogie Online Trees Index- Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk born 8 June 1831 Groningen Netherlands -father Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk and mother Hester aka Esther Levi FRISO. The parents of Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk-Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk and Betje KOSMANS.

I have not listed the children from these lines but will do so if requested.
    Phillip

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    For researchers- There is data on the the Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk lines on Ancestry.Com Family trees and Netherlands Genealogie Online Trees Index- Aaron Lazarus Gosschalk born 8 June 1831 Groningen Netherlands -father Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk and mother Hester aka Esther Levi FRISO. The parents of Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk-Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk and Betje KOSMANS.

I have not listed the children from these lines but will do so if requested.
    Phillip
    Thanks once again,a list of children from Aaron Lazarus is also useful to get the whole picture to know which siblings Abraham had

Here is the list of children born to Lazarus Lazarus Gosschalk b abt 1786-20 May 1853 and Esther Levi Friso b abt 1785 Norden-21 August 1872- Source Ancestry.Com from the Netherlands Genealogie Records Nb There is further data on marriages, deaths, spouses:
    Children:
    Freerk 28 Dec 1819-1 Sept 1824 (male)
    Betje 1823
    Gelline 26 Aug 1827 m Louis Kukenheim
    Benjamin 16 Feb 1814- m Rika Zadig
    Levi 26 Feb 1818-1883 died Hull
    Henriette July 1807-28 Nov 1890 m Izak Baruch de Beer
    Abraham 31 Oct 1811-10 July 1899 m Lea Philippus va der Reis
    AARON 8June 1831 m DINAH PRINCE
    Trientje 12 Sept 1809- 20 March 1851 m Jesaias Rosenberg
    Joseph 17 May 1825-15 May 1913 m Saartje de Vrede
    Jozua Lazarus 2 Sept 1821-1912 m 1 Rike Weinberg 2 Jantje de Leeuw
    Frouwke 26 Jan 1816-12 April 1899 m Hartog Meyer Lapidaire

I have looked at 1 list but not crossed checked the above with each specific birth, marriage, death record but these are available on the Netherlands data base
    Phillip

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast