Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My mother always told me that after the war my grandfather rejoined the army. I don't know how long after the end of the war it was when he rejoined but she said he served in Ireland.
    If this is true then it could be that his service record is still with the MoD. as he served after 1920. This 'sticky' explains and gives links for downloading application forms. But beware, you will need a death certificate and 30 pounds which I think is not refundable if they don't find anything.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I'm new to this forum but have been researching John Wilbraham (12970, D Coy, 10th Battalion, Loyal North Lancs) for many years as he's my husband's grandfather! I'm glad Mickmac found my information on St Helens Roll of Honour and other sites so useful as I've tried to leave a 'paper' trail in case other family members turn up. We actually have a letter from Frank Heyes in the family, as well as Sgt Dugdale, the commanding officers and two from James Buckland-Mawdsley. Now, how to get to you Mickmac, as we live very close, but no posts for 2 years. Ill try a PM but has anyone any suggestions?

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Rosiedog

isn't it great when paper trails on the internet connect people.

If Mickmac still has the email address as when he joined us then he should receive notification of your post. The same applies to private messages (pm) They will reach him if he has the same email address. There is no other way, via the forum, that members are contactable.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12