Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bettyespana

Default Mouncey & Robinson (Willerby,Hull)

John James Mouncey b.1-July 1916-1995 & Muriel Robinson b.19 Dec 1920-2016 married Sept 1940

John was in the Royal Engineers during WW2

Johns father was James Mouncey & I think his mother was Agnes

I also think Muriels mother was Mary ? from Sheffield

Any info on the above please for further searches

Regards

Brick wall demolition expert!

There are a number of Muriel Robinson births registered in 1920, but the following are the only ones in the December quarter:

Mother's last name GAHAN
    District TOXTETH PARK
    County Lancashire
    Volume 8B
    Page 326

First name(s) MURIEL K E
    Mother's last name DUKES
    District WEYMOUTH
    County Dorset
    Volume 5A
    Page 498

First name(s) MURIEL L
    Mother's last name HANSON
    District SCULCOATES
    County Yorkshire
    Volume 9D
    Page 251

However, because she was born in December her birth could have been registered in the first quarter of 1921, and there we get:

Mother's last name DORON
    District YORK
    County Yorkshire
    Volume 9D
    Page 15

Mother's last name HOWARD
    District OLDHAM
    County Lancashire
    Volume 8D
    Page 1105

First name(s) MURIEL L
    Mother's last name BURNS
    District NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
    County Northumberland
    Volume 10B
    Page 23

First name(s) MURIEL P
    Mother's last name CROPPER
    District HALIFAX
    County Yorkshire
    Volume 9A
    Page

Because Robinson is such a common name I think the best starting point would be her marriage certificate which would give her father's name. Unfortunately I cannot see her in the 1939 register, which just means that her death has not yet been picked up.

James Mouncey 1911 Sculcoates married either ANNIE HARNESS, or AGNES M ROBINSON.

The birth registration for John J Mouncey 1916 Sculcoates gives his mother's maiden name as Robinson.

The 1911 Census shows that he was born 1881 in Newholland, Lincolnshire and Agnes Mary was born in 1881 in Grimsby.

In 1901 he was living in Glandford Brigg with his widowed mother, Mary J, and siblings. He was unmarried.

bettyespana

Default Mouncey & Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    James Mouncey 1911 Sculcoates married either ANNIE HARNESS, or AGNES M ROBINSON.

The birth registration for John J Mouncey 1916 Sculcoates gives his mother's maiden name as Robinson.

The 1911 Census shows that he was born 1881 in Newholland, Lincolnshire and Agnes Mary was born in 1881 in Grimsby.

In 1901 he was living in Glandford Brigg with his widowed mother, Mary J, and siblings. He was unmarried.
    Yes James Mouncey apparently did marry Agnes M Robinson & John James also married a Robinson (Muriel).
    I was not aware of James birth in Newholland Lincolnshire or Agnes in Grimsby.Where is Glandford Brigg?it sounds Scottish.

regards

Glandford Brigg is in Lincolnshire. Sometimes referred to as Brigg.

My mistake - he was born about 1871. Sorry I was rushing off as I could smell my dinner in the oven!!

bettyespana

My mistake - he was born about 1871. Sorry I was rushing off as I could smell my dinner in the oven!!
    Gosh I hope it didn't burn.I have noted that you say James was born 1871 Thank you from a Lancashire lass now in Spain.!!

I should have given you the census references before for James Mouncey born 1871:

1911: Class: RG14; Piece: 28747
    1901: Class: RG13; Piece: 3108; Folio: 75; Page: 31
    1891: Class: RG12; Piece: 2630; Folio: 104; Page: 17;
    1881: Class: RG11; Piece: 3290; Folio: 53; Page: 13

In all the censuses his mother Mary is listed as a widow. The eldest child in 1881 is William G aged 11. In the 1871 census he is living with his father William and mother Jane. Class: RG10; Piece: 3437; Folio: 13; Page: 20. His father William was aged 50 and born in Caistor, Lincolnshire, and was a grocer. His mother Jane was aged 32 and born in Barrow, Lincolnshire.

In 1867 William Mouncey married Mary Jane Goulthorp. Based on this I think that Mary and Jane are one and the same person. William died 23 Nov 1876.

William was married before he married Mary Jane. In the 1861 census (Class: RG 9; Piece: 2403; Folio: 84; Page: 30) he is married to a Mary about the same age as himself. However that marriage seems to have taken place before 1837.

James died in 1955.

There are a number of family trees on Ancestry that have James Mouncey – including a photo of him.

bettyespana

I should have given you the census references before for James Mouncey born 1871:

1911: Class: RG14; Piece: 28747
    1901: Class: RG13; Piece: 3108; Folio: 75; Page: 31
    1891: Class: RG12; Piece: 2630; Folio: 104; Page: 17;
    1881: Class: RG11; Piece: 3290; Folio: 53; Page: 13

In all the censuses his mother Mary is listed as a widow. The eldest child in 1881 is William G aged 11. In the 1871 census he is living with his father William and mother Jane. Class: RG10; Piece: 3437; Folio: 13; Page: 20. His father William was aged 50 and born in Caistor, Lincolnshire, and was a grocer. His mother Jane was aged 32 and born in Barrow, Lincolnshire.

In 1867 William Mouncey married Mary Jane Goulthorp. Based on this I think that Mary and Jane are one and the same person. William died 23 Nov 1876.

William was married before he married Mary Jane. In the 1861 census (Class: RG 9; Piece: 2403; Folio: 84; Page: 30) he is married to a Mary about the same age as himself. However that marriage seems to have taken place before 1837.

James died in 1955.

There are a number of family trees on Ancestry that have James Mouncey – including a photo of him.
    Wow! This is all very interesting Thank you so much for all the census references as well.You are a star*

Regards
    betty

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

It did indeed. William married Mary Goldthorpe 11 October 1836, in Barrow on Humber. Found via my worth-its-weight-in-gold Volume 5 of Lincolnshire FHS Marriage indexes 1700-1837.
    PR image online at Lincstothepast. https://www.
    lincstothepast.com/Records/RecordDisplayTranscript.aspx?oid=513757&iid=36618

FMP have unwatermarked images in their Lincolnshire parish registers set, but the marriage pages for Barrow on Humber aren't in any particular order - seem to repeat the early register at least twice! - so I don't think they have the 1813-1837 register.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast