Reputation beyond repute

Default Invalid Security Certificate

When this happened before back in March, I commented...

The certificate now shows an expiry date of 17 June 2016.

Does that mean we have to go through the same hoops again in three months time?
    Well here we are on the 17 June and here we are with the same problem again.

Allan F Sparrow

Same thing happening here: had to create a Firefox exception to get in!

Admin are aware of this incident Peter and I am sure it will attended to soon
    Meanwhile at least you and I are still on here.😊
    Please everyone don't get too agitated, it will be sorted.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

it will attended to soon
    Yes but it has been known for three months that this would happen unless someone remembered to update the certificate.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Admin are aware of this incident Peter and I am sure it will attended to soon
    Why should there be another 'incident'? There has been 3 months to remedy the issue and as Peter says
    Well here we are on the 17 June and here we are with the same problem again.
    Does this mean every quarter we are to find the site has an Invalid Security Certificate how off putting is this for members /posters and potential mew posters!

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Why should there be another 'incident'? There has been 3 months to remedy the issue and as Peter says

Does this mean every quarter we are to find the site has an Invalid Security Certificate how off putting is this for members /posters and potential mew posters!
    Security certificates are transient. Every security certificate on every website has to be replaced regularly. There was no issue to remedy, it's simply that this one should have been replaced yesterday so I apologise that it wasn't complete until today. There is now a 3-year certificate in place which expires on 18 June 2019.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thank you Simon, for your explanation and the update.

Jean

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

I tried to check in earlier, and got the same reply. I remembered from last time, so I went and chilled out knowing the site will be back soon enough.........and here we are.

Don't know what all the fuss is about......everyone knows it would be back. It's like the the world has collapsed or something. People should have more patience if they knew it happened before. Maybe it is very mildly annoying, but far worse things in life can happen........chill out.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.