Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi I've no idea.
    I have seen it written as Sedonia but she was actually born "Sidonia" surname " Buzzo" the surname originated from Sicily in Italy in earlier times where the name was originally Bussow or Busso.. In Cornwall, USA, & Australia it became Buzzo or Buzza or both.

In Australia my gg gma Sidonia was known as Buzza but born Buzzo

There was no z in the very early Cornish language I was told.

I was also told that many from St Hilary were mining families or something to do with mining...I do not know if this was the case with Sidonia but she ended up marrying here in Australia to another Cornish mining family the "Wheare/wear" family from Gwynear.

Just trying to determine what Buzzo family her mum came from.

Thanks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

No idea I'm afraid we don't know much about her or her family before her coming out to Australia & marrying our gg gdad.
    All I know is that she was born st Hilary, merizion, Penzance, Cornwall England on
    23-2-1859 I apologise to you all if I accidentally wrote the wrong or different birth date before, this is the right one.
    Her baptism in April of the same year (25th).
    Other than that all the bc says is her mum Anne Buzzo was single.
    Her Australian marriage certificate gives a Unknown John as the father.
    Sidonia was born illigitimate.
    I believe Ann couldn't write as theirs just a mark for her & not a signature on the birth certificate... Their is also another possibility of a 1851 census & a 15 yr old in Penzance Union workhouse but with little information unless I can find something placing Sidonia with a Anne Buzzo as her mum then I've no idea which Anne is ours.

Sidonia was a domestic servant I'm lead to believe and was 19 when she came to Adelaide, south Australia ,Australia aboard the "Oaklands" arriving on 18/6/ 1876 she m my gg gf.

The fact that I'm in Australia & nothing much can be found online & little information makes it quite difficult.

Thankyou

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for that yes I have a copy of (Sidonia) my gg grandma the birth certificate & whilst records here & there may say Sedonia it's a spelling variation as birth certificate definitely says Sidonia not much can be found online on her I gave her birth & baptism records trying to find out annies lineage/family. Born Buzzo could also be down as Buzza.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

No idea

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

No I don't think so I believe Sidonia & the mentioned Lifonis is one in the same person & it's been mentioned twice and someone's put L instead of S.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I agree that the L should be a S & that the names been mentioned 2x but second time they've put L instead by mistake I don't believe she's a twin not to
    My knowledge thanks.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I believe Lidonia & Sidonia is one & the same and that "Lidonia " is a error. Sidonia is not known to be a twin. Thankyou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12