Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frederick Bray

janbooth

Yes, it can be totally frustrating, can't it. Perhaps we should approach it from a different angle. If the Fred BRAY who came back to England with wife Louisa/Louise and returned to Hamilton in 1913 is your Fred BRAY, why did he and Louisa come back to England. Was there a special event in the family that he came back for, such as a death/burial? Did any of your other BRAY relatives leave Wills which might perhaps mention the fact that Fred(erick) was living in Canada?

Have finally found the baptisms of some of the children of Thomas & Sarah BRAY at Holy Trinity, Finchley, a job lot as 3 children were baptised on the same day (source Ancestry's London parish register images):

1 February 1879 Bertha Clara BRAY daughter of Thomas & Sarah BRAY, Park Place, Carpenter
    do William Albert BRAY son of Thomas & Sarah BRAY, Park Place, Carpenter
    do Alice Maud BRAY daughter of Thomas & Sarah BRAY, Park Place, Carpenter

Janet

janbooth

A bit more background information. Sister Alice Maud BRAY married William James POWELL in the Dec qtr 1905 at Islington reg district. Alice POWELL can be found in the 1911 census of Islington living at 18 Orpingley Road with children William aged 4, Frederick aged 3 and Alice aged 5 months. Husband William is not with her but he is shown on the census record as a Sailor.

Janet

Starting to feel at home

Thanks again i have been looking for Freds parents marriage but can only find one for Thomas Bray & Sarah Turner and that is in 1884 which is after all the children were born is this possible
    My late father told me he had an uncle living in Canada, and we were going to visit but my father died at a very young age
    Last edited by trevboy; 15-06-2016 at 6:35 PM. Reason: add more information

janbooth

To be honest I don't know. Some people never married, some married a long time after you would expect them to. The only way to know for sure is to buy the marriage certificate. I think I may have found Sarah in the 1871 census of Paddington (RG10/19?, folio 69, page 25). She is shown as aged 24, unmarried, a Nurse, born Gloucester, and living at 26 Sussex Gardens in the household of Mary E TATHAM & family.

I wonder if Thomas BRAY had been married before as there is a big gap between the birth of daughter Emily c1869 and Bertha c1877. Not that I have managed to find Thomas BRAY with any certainty in the 1871 census so far!

Janet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234