Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Hello Janet,
    Hope you enjoyed your holiday and thankyou for the reply. While I dont have an exact date for the marriage its states Cheltenham registry office on the Gloucestershire BMD index site. I have only been investigating Kears for about three weeks so have not gone as far as ordering certs yet until I can be fairly sure Im on the right track.I am researching this for Minnies great grandson who did not have a great deal of knowledge on this side but thanks to the great response on here Im finally on my way.

Gloucester Citizen, 28 Feb 1903
    "The sudden death is reported of Sarah Kear (77) of Witcomb Place, St Stephen, widow of the late Charles Kear, a farm bailiff, who lived with a married daughter named Minnie Payton......."
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

janbooth

Great find, helachau, and, to corroborate the above, from Ancestry's Gloucestershire Parish Registers:

26 June 1864 at Charlton Kings, Gloucestershire Minnie Leonora KEAR daughter of Charles & Sarah KEAR, Charlton Kings, Laborer

Siblings:

Emma baptised 25 January 1863
    Emily baptised 14 May 1867

Janet

Hi

You are right Janet Frank Payton did marry Minnie Kear at Cheltenham Register Office 1887

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12