Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you for your help my mums life seems to be a mystery I did come close to finding them but gave up , thanks

There was a marriage between a Wallace Wright and a Violet B Ayres in March 1/4 1940 Registration district Lambeth vol 1d page 644.
    If you think this is your mother then you can order the certificate from the GRO https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp which will give you her father's name and occupation and her address at time of marriage. This may help you find some of her siblings descendants.

There is a birth for a Violet B Ayers mother's maiden name Cousins Sept. 1/4 1921 Registration district Chard which spans the boundaries of the counties of Somerset, Dorset and Devon.

Possible marriage of the parents of Violet B Ayres
    June 1/4 1919 of Emily L Cousins to Ernest Ayres in registration district of Mere which spans the boundaries of the counties of Somerset, Dorset and Wiltshire. vol 5a, page 645

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Thanks so much for your help do t think that would be my my mum married in lamberth always got the impression stayed in Wiltshire are have too ask my dad but he forgets I no her parents lived on London rd amesbury and was understood too be 4 siblings but her life was a mystery only found out when I was 30 now 50

Hi could you help me again please I spoke too my dad and he said his name was John David Wright my mum Violet Elsie ayres they were married in carmarthenshire Wales I have looked but I don't go on Internet a lot thanks

Hello
    Looking on FreeBMD there is no marriage for a John D Wright to a Violet E Ayres/Ayers anywhere at any time.
    There is a marriage for a Violet E Ayers to a James K Baugh June 1/4 1923. The registration district is given as Merthy Tydfil but it is in italics and FreeBMD says - The page number is not within the range expected for the district. Note that there a number of possible reasons for this, including an error in the district, the page, the volume, the date or the type of entry.
    The above marriage would be too early though and both surnames are wrong. When was your mother born?

Christina
    William Burroughs

4th April 1925 I am sure that's the year I have looked all day and can not trace her too Amesbury or any were

There are no Violet E Ayres birth recorded on FreeBMD from 1912 to 1929. There is one registered in the March 1/4 1931 but that is too early for a birthday in April.
    There are others without the middle initial E but the only one in 1925 is Registered in the Birmingham district in the Sept 1/4. Again too late for a birthday in April.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Just found this and fits the facts your father gave you about your mother and John Wright being married in Wales but not in Carmarthenshire
    John E Wright to Violet Eyres - Cardiff registration district (which spans the boundaries of the counties of Monmouthshire and Glamorgan) December 1/4 1945 vol 11a page 957.

So the name John Wright is correct, the name Violet is correct, the marriage is in Wales. The differences are John's middle initial is E not D, Violet's surname is spelled Eyres not Ayres and the county is not Carmarthenshire.
    Could this be getting closer?

Christina
    William Burroughs

I don't honestly no how do I get the marriage certifacate as my dad is old and I don't want too upset him

To order this marriage certificate
    John E Wright to Violet Eyres -
    Cardiff registration district
    December 1/4 1945
    vol 11a page 957.

You can do it online here https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

You fill the form in using the exact spelling as above from FreeBMD. It will cost you 9 pounds 25p I think.

However I am not sure how you are going to know whether you have the correct certificate and whether this is your mother's marriage.

Have you considered using the Salvation Army's Family Tracing Service? https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/reuniting-families

Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast