Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Surnames Tadd and Humphries, Lacock in 1800s

Looking for family members related to Samuel Tadd and his wife Sarah Humphries married in 1843. Samuel Tadd and their children came to the United States in 1872. I have had little luck in finding family history in England. There were two Samuel Tadd individuals, one born in 1819, andmy 4th great grandfather born in 1822. There were two Sarah Humphries in the area as well. The second being Sarah Tadd that became Humphries by marriage. Any helpful information is sincerely appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

I have searched on ancestry and familysearch.org and can find only one Samuel Tadd. Born Laycock and is aged 20 in the 1841 census so born c 1821 His age may or may not have been marked down to the nearest 5 as was required for the 1841 census only for those over the age of 15 years.
    Looking at the 1851, 1861 and 1881 I can still see only one Samuel Tadd. His age in the 1851 is 29 born c 1822, 1861 age 39 born c 1822, 1871 age 49 born c 1822 so the only census where the age is out a year is the 1841.
    Consistent birth place Laycock Wiltshire for both he and Sarah.
    In the 1871 census further up the same page is a Jeremiah Tadd 69 and his wife Sarah 72 both born laycock.
    Don't get hung up on a 2 year difference between the christening date of a Samuel Tadd to parents John and Elizabeth at Laycock in 1919. and your Samuel in the censuses.
    The only way to be sure of the father's names and occupations for both Samuel and Sarah is to buy the marriage certificate.
    They can be bought online at the GRO.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs