Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashford Schools

Starting to feel at home

MTS, thank you so much, I found the records! In all my years on Ancestry I didn't know that they were there, I am an Irish girl researching my Cockney husbands family history, so I'm not that familiar with London related records.
    I have spent the afternoon wading through documents. There are no records for Ashford Schools after 1905 but there are loads of other documents that I am looking through. I will post details of the boys later, I've discovered that they were in the workhouse multiple times, I am just trying to tie this information down and then I will post details.
    Thanks so much again, Lornagh

Starting to feel at home

Thank you Peter, that is very helpful, it seems that they are a family of plumbers, so I might find something on that link that you suggest.
    Thank you agin, Lornagh

Starting to feel at home

Hi Owl, thank you so much! I am overwhelmed by the warmth of welcome and helpfulness of everyone on here! I have been reading and wading through documents all of this afternoon, thanks to you and everyone that sent me links. In answer to your question, I think that the boys mostly had careers as plumbers or motor engineers. I have since found that they were in the workhouse 4 times, I will post details later when I am happy that I have the right information. Thank you so much again, Lornagh

Starting to feel at home

I have found the following about the boys in the workhouse, in all of the records that I have found, the case number is listed as 19712, does anyone know of any records I could research to try to get more details of their case?
    Also, over each of the 4 years that I found, they seem to be in the workhouse over the summer period (see discharge dates at end of post) could this be significant?

As always, many thanks in advance for any help, Lornagh

All three or a combination of the three were in Fulham Road Workhouse, Borough of Westminster on occasions between 1917 and 1921

William George Payne born 1904 - Listed in workhouse 1917 & 1918
    Arthur Charles Payne born 1907 - Listed in workhouse 1917, 1918, 1919 & 1921
    Harry Lantaff Payne born 1908 - Listed in workhouse 1918, 1919 & 1921

In 1917 the brothers were discharged to Ashford Schools on 11th August
    1918 discharged to mother on 24th May and discharged to Ashford Schools on 1st June
    1919 discharged to parents 1st August
    1921 discharged to Ashford Schools 3rd September

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12