Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wilkes_ml

There is also an Edmund VIDLER whos death was registered in the Marylebone Registration District in March quarter 1857 (Ref: 1a 339). I can not find a corresponding burial in the London burial registers, but he could have been buried in a Cemetery. Unfortunately the death index doesn't give an age to confirm whether this may have been George's father, but it maybe worth ordering the death certificate to see if it is possibly the correct Edmund. this may give you an address to search.

Also an Anne VIDLER died in 1855 in the Marylebone registration Distict ( Ref: 1a 454) and an Ann VIDLER in Sep quarter Marylebone registration district 1861 Ref: 1a 312

Wilkes_ml

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Mervyn View Post
    Father listed as Edward or Edmund, keeper of Zoological gardens.
    Where does this information come from?

Wilkes_ml

There was an Edmund (a gardner) & Ann VIDLER living at 21 Union Street, Marylebone in 1836. They had a daughter Esther born 23rd April 1836 baptised at Trinity, St. Marylebone. However, I can not find this couple in the 1841 census yet to get their ages, but it is possible that Edmund could be the father or brother of George.

Wilkes_ml

The couple were no longer at Union Street by 1841 (I searched Piece 675 folio 5 pg 2 to folio 11 pg 14)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Ann Elizabeth Major

Thanks again, Michelle. Death cert. for George 1875, has parents, Edward, keeper of zoological gardens, and Ann Elizabeth Major. On my Bailey family tree with Anc.com, I have followed other researches, with Edward b. 1752, and Ann Elizabeth Major. On my version 2 tree, I have Edmund and Ann Elizabeth Meager.
    George seems to have a sister, Mary, living at Little North Street, when married to William Ives.

Kind regards, Norm. Bailey.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Dear Michelle, details from death cert. of George vidler 1875. Informant son-in-law James Donaldson. Kind regards, Norm.

Thread moved to the London forum as Surname Interests is not intended for research threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12