Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janbooth

There is a death registration for a Sarah LATTIMER in the December qtr 1840 at Alston reg district which is the same district as Matthew's death registration and the same place where their son Matthew was born according to his non-conformist baptism in July 1833.

Janet

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Was there a widow? If she happened to have died around 1843, this might have a bearing on matters.
    As you can see Janet has found a Sarah who died in 1840, Alston. But on the 1871 census Mathew is living has his mother, Sarah H

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Was there a widow? If she happened to have died around 1843, this might have a bearing on matters.
    As you can see Janet has found a Sarah who died in 1840, Alston. But on the 1871 census Mathew has his mother Sarah Harrison living with him. Which suggests she remarried. I have found a Sarah marrying Nicholas Harrison in 1845 at Weardale Durham. I think on the census her birth is down as 1799 and Mathews for 1834. The Lattimers were a long line of Grocers, Drapers and Farmers. Sarah is down on the census as retired Grocer. Suppose why it took so long is something i'll never know for sure. But thanks for taking the time to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Kitchen View Post
    As you can see Janet has found a Sarah who died in 1840, Alston. But on the 1871 census Mathew is living has his mother, Sarah H
    Thank you Janet. May have to get the death certificate to see who this Sarah was. Sarah seems to have been a popular name connected to the Lattimers.

I've found the death of Sarah 1885 Alston. So 1840 not the one But thanks again.

Reputation beyond repute

OK I saw the death of an Ann Lattimer registered in Dec 1842 but I think that might have been his sister.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12