Robert Taylor 34
    Mary Ann Taylor 33, Timberland
    Timothy Taylor 13
    Sarah Ann Taylor 9
    Emma Taylor 5
    William Taylor 3
    Lucy Taylor 1
    Alma

The only likely candidate for Thomas Adland is married in 1861 with children.

1851, HO107; Piece: 2100; Folio: 79; Page: 24
    1861, RG 9; Piece: 2341; Folio: 113; Page: 3;
    1871, RG10; Piece: 3348; Folio: 52; Page: 3;
    1881, RG11; Piece: 3221; Folio: 122; Page: 7
    1891, RG12; Piece: 2577; Folio: 96; Page: 5;

Rebecca is on census 1901 and 1911, Thomas isn't with her so probably died 1891 - 1901.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    There is a tree on ancestry showing her date of birth ( unsubstantiated ) as 27 March 1859, however I would recommend that you look at the 1939 Register to see the date of birth given.

Maybe with this info you could approach the local *BMD office to see if you / they can search for the certificate. the birth could be registered in either the quarter Jan - Mar or is more likely to be April - June 1859

*Lincolnshire Archives
    Local BMD office is not Lincolnshire Archives.
    It's Lincolnshire Registration Services, who hold all the registers for Lincolnshire registration districts except for those in North and North East Lincs (off the top of my head, Scunthorpe and Grimsby).
    https://www.
    lincolnshire.gov.uk/residents/births-marriages-deaths-and-civil-partnerships/certificates/faqs-birth-death-marriage-and-civil-partnership-certificates/28786.article
    Ignore the waffle in the first paragraph, start at the 'how do I obtain . . .'
    Contact details further down the page but make sure it says Lincolnshire Registration Services and not County Council. If it's the latter then you've scrolled down too far.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Pam

Lincoln info came from the government web site! Obviously not to be relied on.....

Almach...ball bounced well! I think Mary Ann Wright b 1822 is probably the illegit daughter of Sarah WRIGHT now WATTAM looking for the original baptism may help!

grahamwilk

Mary Wright bn 1822 definately was the daughter of Sarah Wright (my gg and ggg grandmothers)

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by grahamwilk View Post
    Mary Wright bn 1822 definately was the daughter of Sarah Wright (my gg and ggg grandmothers)

Graham
    Hi Graham, I don't think we are helping you as you appear to know all about the Wright's. Your question was about whether it was possible your ancestor Frances Wright's birth wasn't registered. As others have said, it is, however only a very small percentage of births were unregistered, and as Frances' siblings births were registered I would think Frances' would be too. It is good advice which suggested you contact Lincolnshire Registration Services.
    Alma

Pam

Lincoln info came from the government web site! Obviously not to be relied on.....
    Do you mean the Lincolnshire.gov.uk site?
    That's actually the county council site, and I know at least one part of it is not terribly well written. Begins by telling you to apply to the local register office for BMD certificates which if you read it without paying too much attention to the next paragraph would infer that you should apply to Boston, Grantham, Horncastle, Spalding, etc and not to the centralised office in Lincoln.

You-know-who's law applies because I can't find the actual page tonight, but somewhere it does say that BMD indexes are held at the Archives. IIRC that statement is right next to words along the lines of 'baptisms, marriage and burial records are held at Lincoln Archives'. But I'm 100% certain that it says BMD indexes - i.e. the GRO Index which is held on fiche.

I do think the LCC website leaves a lot to be desired at times but I do have to say that never saw anything which actually said 'apply to Lincs Archives for a BMD certificate'.

Pam

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Pam,

I back tracked via Soc of Gen
    https://www.sog.org.uk/learn/help-get...gy/guide-three
    half way down in red
    Searching for and ordering certificates
    It is possible to view the national indexes to civil registration in England and Wales online or on microfiche. The General Register Office website (now part of the Identity and Passport Service) maintains a list of those record offices and libraries that have copies of the indexes:

then this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...xesApril15.pdf

What do we say about certs...only as good as the information available...I'll stick to this side of the Penines!

Pam,

I back tracked via Soc of Gen
    https://www.sog.org.uk/learn/help-get...gy/guide-three
    half way down in red
    Searching for and ordering certificates
    It is possible to view the national indexes to civil registration in England and Wales online or on microfiche. The General Register Office website (now part of the Identity and Passport Service) maintains a list of those record offices and libraries that have copies of the indexes:

then this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...xesApril15.pdf

What do we say about certs...only as good as the information available...I'll stick to this side of the Penines!
    Or only as good as the eyesight of the reader.
    Read the heading carefully.
    That last link you've given clearly says 'Public holders of the GRO Indexes' then says online, and at the top of page two says 'GRO Indexes available on microfiche in your area'. Not a sausage (as we say on the more intelligent side of the country ) about the actual certificates.

Pam

Reputation beyond repute

'GRO Indexes available on microfiche in your area'
    I don't want to intrude on a private argument but it may be worth adding that the microfiche copies at Lincolnshire Archives or most other sites will tell you nothing that isn't available online.

The exception is the half dozen sites which hold the full sets including overseas indexes (only available online at a price) and adoptions (not available online at all).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast