Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Audley & Robinson in Clonmel & Waterford

Hi again.
    Researching the Audley and Robinson family in Tipperary Ireland. Can get no birth information about
    George Audley b;1801 Clonmel Tipperary Ireland
    d; 24 April 1864 and buried at Abbey Kilculliheen Ferrybank Waterford .
    Married Sarah Robinson on 3 July 1826 St Patrick's Church of Ireland Waterford.
    All the children (17) were christened in St Mary's Melbrook Clonmel, Tipperary, Ireland.
    Hope this rings a bell for someone.
    Cheers Elle

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Elle,

As this thread involves Ireland I've moved it to the General Irish Family History thread where it's more likely to be seen by our Irish experts.
    I've also given it a more relevant heading.

I'm hoping that the Irish experts will be able to clarify something as from what I can see Clonmel is in Waterford county, not Tipperary, though probably one of those 'just in' cases being almost on the border between the two.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Dundee10

Elle,

I wonder if your George was in the same situation as in this other thread, though yours is a little earlier. Those links have not been proven, but perhaps your George may have come from a military family:

https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...SARAH-MALSBURY

There is an indexed marriage in 1802 for a George AUDLEY and Margaret BLAIR
    (Diocese of Cork & Ross, County Cork, Ireland (Ireland Diocesan and Prerogative Marriage Licence Bonds indexes 1623-1866)

In 1803 at Liverpool in Lancashire there is a baptism for a George AUDLEY son of George AUDLEY and Margaret BLAIR.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NDVL-Y94

Unfortunately baptisms in 1803 don't usually show the father's occupation as it did with the later baptism in the other thread, but you should try to see the original anyway.