Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    This is a link to today's announcement from FMP:

https://
    blog.findmypast.co.uk/10-million-new-1632616369.html

You will see from this that they are offering free access for a few days to the Irish records.

This is a link to the list of new Irish data sets at Ancestry, which shows the parish registers at the top, and also some other data sets relating to censuses.
    https://www.
    ancestry.co.uk/cs/recent-collections
    FindMyPast free access to its Irish collections from 1st to 7th March.
    Ancestry is offering free access to all it's Irish collections for the month of March. You will need to set up an account with them to access this data -This involves you giving your name and email address, that's all. No financial information is requested. Once your free account is confirmed, you're ready to start searching.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks, I'll see what I can find out.

The two people I am looking for if in Ireland were both deceased by May 1856

Kind Regards,

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Cook View Post
    Thanks, I'll see what I can find out.

The two people I am looking for if in Ireland were both deceased by May 1856

Kind Regards,

Wayne
    Statutory death registration didn't start till 1864 so unless they have a gravestone you may not find any record of their deaths or burial.
    ELWYN

If died in Ireland, I am hoping there might be Catholic Church Records if they can't be found in a Census. I know they were there in about 1812 (so will be looking for any records between 1812 and 1856 in Roscommon and that they were both deceased by May 1856 though but not if they stayed in Ireland, went back to France or moved to England but so far not in an English Census that I can find so trying where I know for sure they lived).

Here’s a link to a site which shows you all the RC parishes in Roscommon. There’s about 25 or so. The site also explains what records exist for each parish. Only a handful have records back to 1812, so obviously if your family come from one with no early records you won’t get a baptism. You might find the marriage though. In general RC parishes don’t keep burial records and so again not a great prospect there.

https://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/b...oscommonrc.htm
    ELWYN

Oh bugger about the death records not being generally kept, but yes maybe their marriage if I can get records back prior to 1812 (again not sure if married in Ireland or possibly France but as I know they were in Roscommon, then I'm best to start my search there).

Thanks again, will try some of the links and accessing the free Irish stuff available atm.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Check ancestry & FMP as I think they are offering a freebie for the next few days on Irish records!

I will be and thanks again everyone, so hard to do Irish Ancestry from Australia. Family Historians have never found my direct line that was born in Dublin (we have been told the records were destroyed in a fire). He was a convict sent to NSW. I'm trying to find information on another line though.

A possible place for the people I am looking for is Bumlin, Graffoge, Roscommon, Ireland due to a tax return in 1825 on Family Search and a Convict/criminal Land and Will in 1853.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12