lynnelay

Default Elizabeth Nicholls b c 1793 Walsall Staffs.

Hi, Elizabeth is my Great x 3 grandmother. She married Samuel Harvey in 1813 at St Peter and Paul's Aston. They had 4 sons Charles b 1814; Henry b 1815 d 1821; Samuel b 1818 and Henry b 1821. (That is all the off spring I can find) n Samuel (Senior) died 1822 and is buried in St Philips B'ham (young Henry is there as well). Elizabeth then remarried James Cade from York in 1825 again in Aston. They had 1 child Betsey b 1826 and died 1838. (Buried St Philip's). I have her place of birth from the 1851 census Wynn St B'ham.
    Piece: 2052
    Folio: 562
    Page Number: 23
    1861 census Cregoe St B'Ham
    RG 9;
    Piece: 2136;
    Folio: 38;
    Page: 28;

I would like to know if you can find any more about her....Baptism... Parents, any other children etc.

I have Elizabeth Cade's Death cert and info from BCC that she is buried in Witton Cemetery (June 1864) That was with help of the Warwickshire People on this site (Thanks ).

Name well known on Brit-Gen

#37 of this link seems to summarize Elizabeth HARVEY / James CADE

https://www.british-genealogy.com/th...)-Carter/page4

Potential

Name:
    Elizabeth Nicholls

Baptism Date: 1 Jan 1794

Baptism Place: Saint Matthew,Walsall,Stafford,England

Father: Thomas Nicholls & Mother: Frances

Name:
    Elizabeth Nicholls

Baptism Date: 24 Feb 1795

Father: Jonathan Nicholls & Mother: Diana

Name:
    Elizabeth Nicholls

Baptism Date: 24 Oct 1796

Father: Seth Nicholls & Mother: Ann

lynnelay

Thanks for that Geneius. Have you any ideas how I could check if any are correct. Their children were named Charles, Henry and Samuel, so I would have expected to see one of these names as the father. I can't find Samuel's parents either, so a big brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnelay View Post
    Thanks for that Geneius. Have you any ideas how I could check if any are correct. Their children were named Charles, Henry and Samuel, so I would have expected to see one of these names as the father. I can't find Samuel's parents either, so a big brick wall.
    That's where I came unstuck and posted all 3....I would create small family trees of all 3. I cannot remember the names of witnesses to her marriage, but that is a start
    Looking at the marriages to build up a log of connecting siblings. Suggest you post Samuel separate

lynnelay

Thanks Geneius. I will do that this week end.

lynnelay

Hi , an update. The marriage witnesses were no help. Her first marriage they were her husbands brother? and his wife. The second one I can find no relevance, maybe members of the church.
    I then looked at siblings.
    I have discounted this Elizabeth Nicholls
    Baptism Date: 24 Feb 1795
    Baptism Place: Saint Matthew, Walsall, Stafford, England
    Father: Jonathan Nicholls & Mother: Diana because they had another Elizabeth in 1803, so I presume the first one died. Haven't been able to find It yet.
    The sibling of the others are interesting.
    Thomas and Frances' other children were Green; Henry Barber and John.
    Seth and Ann's children were Charles; 1800; Samuel, 1794; Henry 1802;Thomas 1798; Apart from Thomas these names were used by Elizabeth for her children.
    Will keep delving and let you know how I progress.

lynnelay

Think I have eliminated another Elizabeth Using free reg, which appears to have all the registers for Walsall, Elizabeth baptised 1/1/1794 father Thomas, Mother Frances, there is a burial 31/7/1797 at St Matthew Walsall, daughter of Thomas. I assume this is her.
    The problem is that there are several people on Ancestry who have the other Elizabeth Nicholls (child of Seth and Ann) married to a Moses Taylor. There are also other who have Moses' wife as the child of Diana, who was wife of Jonathan Nicholls. See Above

Oh Dear what a muddle