Default Trying to find my Great Grandfather

Hello, I am trying to discover what became of my Great Grandfather Hugh Quinn. His story goes like this he was a solider the Royal Inniskillen Fusiliers and was sent to SA to reinforce the 1st Battalion the Northumberland Fusiliers. he took part in the battle of Cape Colony. We have been told many many years ago that he was killed at Dwashhoek on the 19th Dec 1900 but unfortunately none of the records i have found match this but are pretty close. The closest I can find to match Hugh is an Irish Fusilier and then there is a Northumberland Fusilier that is fairly close too. Could this be the same person with 2 service numbers? Is there somewhere I can find more personal info on Hugh so I can be sure I have his story correct. If I can do this I have info that could locate the location of his grave.
    Any help or advice will be gratefully received.
    First time researcher.
    Brendan.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

FMP confirms the story. He is remembered on the Winged Victory South Africa 1899-1902 Memorial, Haymarket, Percy Street, Newcastle upon Tyne. He is shown on Plaque 4, Northumberand Fusiliers (5th Fusiliers) "The Fighting Fifth" as Private Quinn H.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

I have refined my search and found a H/F Quinn. Information is very basic. It might be a lot to ask I know but is there somewhere i can find a more detailed account of his time in SA?

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

You could try The Fusiliers Museum of Northumberland, Abbots Tower, Alnwick Castle, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 1NG
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Name well known on Brit-Gen

His service no 6804