Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Searching for Thomas Randall, Jeweller c.1820

Please can anyone help me as I am tearing my hair out!!

I have a copy of the original Baptism entry for Mary Ann Randall at St George, Bloomsbury on 25th January 1818. Her parents are Thomas and Mary Randall and their abode is Little Earl Street, St Giles in the Fields. Thomas is listed as a jeweller, which corresponds to the information on Mary Ann's marriage certificate to Thomas Crockett on 6th December 1842.

On the marriage certificate Thomas Randall is noted as deceased.

I have a number of problems and would be grateful for any help, although I appreciate that the names are fairly common.

The only Little Earl Street I have been able to find existing was off Dudley St in W2, 3 miles away from St Giles in the Fileds - maybe boundaries have been changed?

I can't find a marriage for Thomas and Ann, or a birth/Baptism for Thomas.

As he was a jeweller I thought he must be listed in a Trade Directory, but can't find anything on-line.

I have tried the 1841 census but to no avail so he was probably already dead by then. A free BMD search for a death brings up a possible in December quarter 1840 in Strand area, which may have included St Giles in the Fields - can anyone confirm this?

All help welcome - thank you in anticipation.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Mary Ann RANDALL was born 2 December 1817 baptised 25 Jan 1818 St George Bloomsbury

Clarissa ( Clara ) RANDALL born 19 Sept 1819 baptised 2 July 1827 St Pancras Camden &

Thomas Edward RANDALL b 15 October 1826 baptised 2 July 1827 St Pancras Camden parents Thomas & Ann ( Jeweller) of Hertford St

Clarissa / Clara married Thomas HOWELL q2 1840 London 2 137

Little Earl St, St-Giles-in-the-Fields

https://www.british-history.ac.uk/sur...5/pt2/plate-41
    Alma

I have a copy of the original Baptism entry for Mary Ann Randall at St George, Bloomsbury on 25th January 1818. Her parents are Thomas and Mary Randall and their abode is Little Earl Street, St Giles in the Fields
    Unless I've looked at the wrong baptism Mary Ann's parents were Thomas and ANN

A possible marriage

22nd Oct 1816, St George Bloomsbury
    Thomas Randall/Ann Cotterill, married by banns, witnesses Wm Chubb and John Harrison
    Alma

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Thomas Randall/Ann Cotterill, married by banns, witnesses Wm Chubb and John Harrison
    I have a note of this and another to a Ann SCOTT in 1812.....

I've moved this thread from Discussing Brit Gen to the London Forum where it might reach more people who know the area.

That's a lovely photo of Little Earl Street almach, thank you for the link. It looks just the sort of street a jeweller would have premises.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Unless I've looked at the wrong baptism Mary Ann's parents were Thomas and ANN
    Yes, quite right. A slip of the keyboard

A possible marriage

That looks a really good possibility, thanks. Where did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by geneius View Post
    Clarissa ( Clara ) RANDALL born 19 Sept 1819 baptised 2 July 1827 St Pancras Camden &

Thomas Edward RANDALL b 15 October 1826 baptised 2 July 1827 St Pancras Camden parents Thomas & Ann ( Jeweller) of Hertford St
    Brill, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast