Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default UK Authors in the mid to late 1800s

I hope I am placing this post in the correct forum.

Some time ago I came across a document listing UK authors and their stories in an excel format. I seem to remember that it had been created as part of a university research program. I had been googling to find information about stories written by my g g grandmother. She was a writer of serialised fiction for a number of newspapers at that time.

I know that my g g grandmother was included in this list - she wrote under the name Clementine Montagu.

I thought I had saved this document to my computer, but it seems to have vanished into thin air. I have done a search on all files, looked at Internet history etc, all to no avail.

I have my fingers crossed that someone on this site may have come across this document.
    Thank you for reading this, Diana

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Have you googled her name?

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for your response.
    If you mean Clementine Montagu - yes
    If you mean the name of the author of the document I'm trying to find again - I don't know that person's name.

Hi
    Yes I googled Clementine Montagu and got a lot of hits, newspaper articles but nothing that looked like a research document in excel.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Have you tried the Wayback Machine on the Internet Archive? It keeps copies of (usually just the text) from deceased websites.

Starting to feel at home

I've not heard of that facility, Lesley. Is it something for me to make use of in the future, or will it find pages I've looked at in the past?

It's HERE. On looking at it, I'm not sure it'll help as it expects the URL where the site used to be...

The blog HERE has a comment that might be from you - is that it?

thewideeyedowl

This might be what you are looking for: https://www.lib.uchicago.edu/efts/VWWP/

It's a project from the University of Chicago, found by googling (uk Victorian women novelists database) and it was top of the list. Always ask a search engine exactly what you want to know.

Owl

Starting to feel at home

Thank you a thousand times, Leslie!
    Yes, it was my comment.
    Now I have that document saved to my computer for ever more.

Some time back I learned to save the web link for every bit of research information I've come across - this great time waster is a reinforcement for that lesson.

Diana

Allan F Sparrow

Quote Originally Posted by di2315 View Post
    Now I have that document saved to my computer for ever more.
    Or rather, until your computer dies, which it will, inevitably... But of course you will be making back-ups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast