Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Apprentice record 1850

I have an apprentice record downloaded from ancestry merchant navy apprentices but part of it I cant read however I cannot upload it Is anyone able to look at this for me it is for Henry Gittings apprentice indentures of London October 1850 he is on the 1st row its looks like "Previously ????London?? all the rest I can read. When I try to upload it takes me to pictures and download is in documents.

Reputation beyond repute

Previously b[ound]d London 30/1/50. It's referring to register ticket 459.713 which can be found two pages earlier on.

A fountain of knowledge

Hi Jane Gee, You don't say which system/version you are using. Mac or Windows etc.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium when I click on Browse I get:-

If you get this or something similar you just need to click on Documents and then select the appropriate file.

NOTE! you can only upload bmp, jpg, or png files. If the file isn't already one of these you could use a clipping tool which usually save as jpg, and it will give you the opportunity to clip only the relevant part of the document and then upload that.
    If at the top of the pop-up you get an extended path, the bit in the clip where it show (arrow) Libraries (arrow) Documents, in your case it will end Photographs, click on the last but one item which will take you back one step and will probably show a list which includes Documents, click on that and proceed as above.

Hope this Helps.

Regards

Malcolm

thanks for that I will try it its frustrating not to be able to load things up

Reputation beyond repute

I've already looked at it - see message 2 above.

Hi Peter Thank you for this I would like to check the crew list for the Prince of Wales Aberdeen as I had no idea he was apprenticed to this ship. I would like to see if he was included however when I checked the return for the Forester he was not included but because he "ran at Sydney" in 1853 I assume the Master wasn't obliged to include him. I enjoyed finding the crew lists as it is complicated but found once I had got my head around the system it was quite easy.