Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Default Accidental success

Folks,
    Thomas Blizzard and Constance Underwood married in Westminster in 1799 and baptised 6 children in Shoreditch up to 1808.The information was included in a book about the family but their places of birth was a mystery,and over the years,many searches were carried out with negative results.About a year ago,Ancestry hint suggested Constant Comfort Blizzard died in 1817 and is buried at St Leonards,Shoreditch;her address is Holywell Lane and the same as her daughter at her marriage in 1821.
    Sometime later i was using familysearch.org and did a search for Constance,and to my surprise,found her in Churchdown,Gloucestershire.My good fortune came about because i had been helping someone in a forum with a Gloucestershire query and i had not changed the location for search!!And of course,Thomas was from Churchdown too.
    A result not due to extensive careful research but from offering help.Karma?
    Eric

Wilkes_ml

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by warncoort View Post
    Folks,

My good fortune came about because i had been helping someone in a forum with a Gloucestershire query and i had not changed the location for search!!And of course,Thomas was from Churchdown too.
    A result not due to extensive careful research but from offering help.Karma?
    Eric
    Definitely karma Eric and well deserved.
    All I ever get when I forget to change the country/county is a message saying 'no results!'

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

well done....