Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If they married in Scotland, the certificate will also be on Scotland's People. Did you ever look for that death certificate?

No I wish I did but details are very sketchy, all I know is her brother Daniel Gregory visited them in Scotland but not sure where.
    A Daniel Gregory age 54 (born c1858) sailed on the Wakool from London England on the 27 Aug 1912 destination Sydney. His occupation - painter.
    Does this sound like your Daniel Gregory?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmcl View Post
    Hi I am wondering if anyone has heard of George Leslie Gilcrist who married Lillian Gregory from NSW in Australia.
    It has been said that they moved from Australia to live in Scotland.
    Lillian would have been born sometime after 1867 she came from a large family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazmcl View Post
    Hi, not sure where they were married. Lillian was born in Narrabri NSW, her parents were George And Elizabeth Gregory
    Cazmcl, perhaps you can tell us where you are getting your information from. I can see George and Elizabeth registering the births of a number of children, firstly in Wee Waa and later in the Narrabri district, but there is no Lillian or similar. Do you have any documents that show her as a daughter of George and Elizabeth, such as their death certificates?

I do see that they had a son named George born in 1862 who married at Narrabri in 1889 to Lelias GILCHRIST. This couple also had lots of children including a son named George Leslie.

George's obituary in 1930 says that Daniel was living in WA and does not indicate that any of his sisters were in Scotland at that time.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/138430181

Default Lilias Gilchrist - Gregory

Lilias Gilchrist (1863-1940) was my great-grandmothers sister.
    She was born in Liverpool in 1863. Her mother Elizabeth Paterson died in 1864 and father James Gilchrist in 1866. Lilias with her two sisters Elizabeth and Maggie-Jane (Jean) were sent to Glasgow and shared between relatives. Lilias went to her Aunt Jean McLarty, nee Gilchrist. In the 1881 census she was with her sister Elizabeth Aitken at Kinning Park in Glasgow.
    In 1884 Lilias emigrated to NSW on the SS Abergeldie and went on to Narrabri where I believe she married George Leslie Gregory (died age 68 in 1930). One of their descendants, a Mrs Rosewarn lived at Gould Street, Narrabri, probably 50 years ago. It is in my grandmothers old address book. My grandmother was called Lillian, but always said she should have been called Lilias.

They were descended from Lilias Welch (1773-1855) whose gravestone is in Tullibody Auld Kirk near Stirling in Scotland.

https://it.billiongraves.com/grave/Wm-Paterson/21868057

Quote Originally Posted by aak1957 View Post
    Lilias Gilchrist (1863-1940) was my great-grandmothers sister.
    She was born in Liverpool in 1863. Her mother Elizabeth Paterson died in 1864 and father James Gilchrist in 1866. Lilias with her two sisters Elizabeth and Maggie-Jane (Jean) were sent to Glasgow and shared between relatives. Lilias went to her Aunt Jean McLarty, nee Gilchrist.
    Correction - Lilias was with Aunt Mary McLarty (or McLardy) in the 1871 census.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12