Starting to feel at home

Default Heather Potter - A Little About Me

Hello, I am Heather Potter, I started researching my family tree in August 2015.
    I was born in Derbyshire in 1953 and have lived here all my life.
    I was born Heather Jean Windsor.
    My Mum and Dad were born and bred in Bethnal Green London in 1922, although the my Mums Family hail from Overton Wiltshire.
    As a child I spent a lot of my childhood in Bethnal Green with my Aunts and Uncles, and although born in Derbyshire my roots are in London.
    We were a family of 7 but now only 3 remain, myself and 2 brothers.
    I have worked in the NHS all my life and have been married 36 years with 3 grown up Children and 5 Grand Children.
    During my research so far I have found a Great Uncle who was MP for Bethnal Green and Hull in the 1930 - 40s.
    Although the both my Dad was in the Army and my Uncle was in the RAF in WWII, my parental grand father was a Conscentious Objector in WWI.
    A Great Grandad who was a Jockey at a well known stables in Overton, 2 ancestors who were transported to Tazmania Austraila and 1 Ancestor who died in the workhouse. I also know from my Mum that her family were "Army People"
    I am really looking forward to hear from other members of the forum at British -Geneology and hope that I can help as well.
    Very Kind Regards
    Heather

Hello Heather,
    welcome to Brit Gen. It sounds as though you're going to fit right in.
    Have a wander round, pick a suitable forum, and tell us about your research targets. Above all, enjoy!

Starting to feel at home

Thank you,
    I am a bit of a technophobe so may take me a time, but I will get there in the end.
    Heather.