Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome in!

Default Welcome in!

A big welcome to the many new members who've joined recently. You'll find that our members are helpful and love dealing with mysterious ancestors.
    I have the impression that many of you haven't used online forums very much in the past, so can I draw your attention to the message HERE?
    It provides a few pointers for getting the most out your queries.

Also, it helps if you add an indication of your location on your account page, even if it's just the country or county - it helps if we know that there's no point in advising you to visit archives in London or Edinburgh, for example, if you're living in Ontario, Sydney or Beijing!

The "Introduce yourself" forum is intended for people to just say "Hello, I'm here and I'm interested in {whatever} {whenever}" in general terms. If you then pick a suitable forum for your research question (eg a county, an occupation or a historical period), it's more likely to attract readers who know about that area/subject. Don't worry, though, you can always ask the Mods to move a message if you want.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for the helpful info Lesley I only found details of this site a few days ago, am excited to have another area to help with my ongoing research..

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Lesley,
    I am not new to genealogy, but I am new to the Brit Gen. I am tracing my wife's family history and did have it at one point but because of neglect and not saving, I lost 25 years of work and am now trying to piece everything back together. In the past not a lot of sites charged us for finding "our own families", not the case anymore, so I was more than happy when I was directed here. Thank you again and my hunting begins!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks to everyone on this site I have been doing family history for about 17years and not only am I not in England where most of my relations are from but I also live 7 hours from Sydney so most of my research is done online. Always like to share information and find cousins all over the world. Thanks Maree

Thanks Lesley
    I've been searching my family tree for number of years but have not really looked into online forums.
    My first question is how do i search all threads that mention both words Carr and Romsey at the same time.
    You never know i may be able to help a fellow researcher in doing so.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, like many others I have been doing family research on own and husband's family for a number of years now. Look forward to using this site and hopefully may be able to get some more information.
    Regards
    Jan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for advice .

Thank you for the heads up! I'm new and just getting started, so be prepared I know i'm going to hit many brick walls.Based in London. Caroline - researching The Edgerton family tree

Thank you Lesley. I've just re-started my search into the past. I stopped about five years ago, after doing a lot of work on my mother's family. Now I'm looking at my father's ancestors, more complicated it seems! I don't belong to any paying site at the moment, using 'Family Search'. I have a few 'brick walls', and am hoping to get some new ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to help others too.

Settling in

Hi and thank you.
    I'm new to this site but have been researching for about 6 years. Really struggling with my dad's side of the family so here's hoping someone can advise.No pressure! I'm a member on two other sites but not much luck so far.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast